2006 Jeep Liberty 3.7L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Euro Jeep CRD

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Review

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Euro Jeep CRD
By CJ on

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

It's a Jeep to the core but with the Detroit Diesel 4 cylinder turbodiesel built for Mercedes (I haven't quite wrapped my brain around that), it's got that European feel and not the bad quality part. It is extremely smooth and torquey (new word). I find myself after 2 Wranglers in the past 7 years really amazed at the smoothness. I have been guilty of daydreaming on the interstate and speeding without knowing it. Wife bought me a radar detector, she was so happy to have another four door car in the family, good thing. I am a Jeep guy all the way (who else out there thought the Jeep transformer was the coolest of the group?) but I am really amazed at the power, gas mileage, and smoothness.

Favorite Features

Plenty of torque on demand (low or high speed), smooth, gas mileage rocks (3rd tank and avg 25 combined), suspension, and off road ability (it's a Jeep). Favorite feature bar none - it has more torque then any two small SUV's combined! (roughly).

Suggested Improvements

Nothing is perfect. The window buttons on the center console, who comes up with that? Doors need to unlock when you park. Renegade needs a more aggressive version that can handle 31 inch tires. Maybe next time. A foot wider for front leg room, better armrest location, and an autostick transmission.