Could Have Been a Good Vehicle
By Bud Trevor on
2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
I own the Renegade model with the six speed manual transmission. I purchased this model to tow behind my motorhome. At 35,000 miles I started having problems with the ABS, ESP and related display light. I would be driving down the freeway and these lights would display and force the brake system to respond as if I were on a slippery road condition. I was not in that situation. I live in Arizona where most days are dry and hot. Naturally I took in to the dealership where it was purchased and explained what had happened. The first occurrence was in 2007. It's now 2009. During these two years the dealership has made fourteen attempts to correct this problem. The lights still come on.
Favorite Features
I love the six speed manual. Fifth and six gear are overdrive ratio and move the vehicle at highway speed through the mountains. The vehicle tows well. The rear fold down seats offer plenty of room for gear when I go fishing. Does not burn a drop of oil between service intervals.
Suggested Improvements
Build a vehicle that the dealership can repair the first time. Engineer some quality into critical parts. I forgot to mention that at 30,000 miles the gear shift handle pulled out of the transmission. This could have been one of best product if Jeep would have used more parts from the Wrangler.