2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Windows Problem
By Diane on 02/27/09 12:51 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this Liberty less than 3 years. Since then 3 windows have stopped working: left rear window 2xs; left front window 1x. The left front is starting to go out again. When the vehicle was under warranty, Chrysler fixed the first 2 broken windows. I'm a high mileage driver: 25,000 miles/year. The vehicle is out of warranty DUE TO MILES and Chrysler will not cover fixing the third window. I would understand if the window had something to do with miles and it wore out. It's obviously a defective part & Chrysler won't stand behind their parts. Be prepared to pay appx. $450 to get the window fixed out of warranty. On a good note, the engine is great at 64,000 miles. No problems there.

Great Vehichle
By GreatJeepLiberty on 02/26/09 13:02 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I too am shocked at all the bad reviews. I have had my Jeep Liberty since February 2006 and it has been totally great. The only 1 problem I have had is the back drivers side window fell and I had a friend lock it in place and needless to see other than it is locked in place that is the only thing I have had go wrong with this car. I have driven this vehicle over 65,000 miles and all I have done is change the oil and 1 set of tires. The brakes are original and this car is awesome. I look forward to driving this car for the next 65,000 miles...

I am SHOCKED!
By Lowgas627 on 02/16/09 15:06 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

After reading all of the horrible problems people have faced, I am SHOCKED! I have owned my Liberty since September 9th of 2006, and 34,700 miles later... have not had ONE problem! Maybe I am lucky, but I have adored this SUV. It is great in mud and snow, and I feel safe in bad weather. I have never had a window fail, though one did fall into the door, but the dealership replaced it with NO COST. I have gotten around 16 mpg (mostly city driving) through its lifetime. It's 3.7L is peppy and can pickup! The only thing that bugs me (I'm a clean freak) is the cloth seats are RIDICULOUS to get any kind of stains out (USE HOT SOAP WATER!) It has been a GREAT vehicle, and I recommend it!

Jeep 06 Liberty
By Evelyn on 01/19/09 14:43 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My 2nd Jeep liberty, this one has problems onset, drive belt snapped within 6 months. Rainwater gets in the passenger side window even with Windows shut. Dealer will not fix window. Just reached 30k miles called dealer for the 30k service, they say its $575+ taxes. My local mechanic charged me half of that. If you can oversee the above problems and the 17 mpg fuel. Otherwise its a fun little suv to drive, but my next car will not be a Jeep liberty, unless Chrysler will make it more fuel efficient.

Bad Window Blues
By Patrick on 01/05/09 17:33 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I wanted to buy an American made car for solidarity sake, but I'm starting to pay the price. Knock on wood, there hasn't been major drive train problems, but 3 of my 4 power windows have failed. Seems to be a common problem. The power window system has a serious design flaw, causing the window bracket to break and the window to fall down into the door. Iím convinced this is no coincidence, more likely a poorly designed window assembly. At $500 a piece for the dealer to fix, this will be a costly design flaw for me!

Big Mistake!
By BIG Mistake!!! on 12/20/08 13:43 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had to fix the window regulators SIX times in two years. I bought the car brand new and the problem started within six months of owning the car! The dealerships answer to this problem," Buy an extended warranty!" I think that Jeep Liberty owners should file a Class- Action Suit against Jeep-Chrysler! No wonder they are going bankrupt!

Buyer Beware
By Louise on 12/01/08 14:12 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

All I can say is 'what a piece of junk'. Bought new, but back rear spring broke at 3k miles, repalce egk valve at 10k miles, loud rattle in back end that dealership never could figure out, replaced rear brakes at 14k miles, one rotor replaced at 18k miles, heater smells like burnt wiring, blower fan replaced, front passenger window regulator replaced 4 times, both back Windows each replaced 2 times.'updated' regulator that was suppose to fix the problem didn't. Both back Windows replaced again. Dealership lied. Never could get any help from Chrysler. Traded it before warranty expired and bought a Toyota RAV which I have put over 18k miles without problem.

Most Unreliable Vehicle Ever Owned
By George on 11/09/08 21:10 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This piece of junk has made me return to my original policy of buying only Japanese motor vehicles ! This past weekend, I suffered my 3rd and 4th window regulator failures within a few hours of each other. Really wish that I had done internet research before making a decision to buy this thing. My two broken windows are now held in the up position with duct tape, as I can not afford the repair cost. Numerous other costly repair problems also.

Jeepers Creepers!! Windows stink!!
By Jeepers Creepers !!! on 10/31/08 06:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The window regulators on the Liberty must have come from a Cracker Jack box! There is NO reason we (as owners) should be replacing these regulators every 6-8 months! Jeep KNOWS there is a problem with the quality of the materials used in the regulators & they need to step up to the plate & make a QUALITY regulator! I think this is a pretty sad ploy to have your vehicle back in to replace these EXPENSIVE regulators so often!

DO NOT TRUST JEEPS
By Poor Quality on 10/30/08 22:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the CRD Diesel, which is great, good gas mileage (20+ in city, 25+ freeway) excellent low end torque, very good OHV and very fun! But it doesn't overcome the horrible Jeep quality, I will not buy another one. Chrysler knows that the window regulators are a deficient design, but will not acknowledge it. A simple plastic piece that will fail every 5k miles! I have replaced 7 regulators in 2 years. Dealer charges $400+, admits that it is a design flaw. I fix them myself, but it is still 1+ hr + $150. One of the biggest disappointments I have ever owned. Check all the internet sites under Jeep Liberty and you will see the massive dissatisfaction with quality (EGRs and regulators).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.