Used 2006 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Liberty

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Window Regulators
By MelisaRob

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The window regulators are a constant problem. They have been fixed five times in four years and Chrysler refuses to issue a recall even though I have found thousands of complaints about this on other sites.

Suggested Improvements

Make a product that doesn't consistently fail.

Great Mountain Tow Vehicle
By Third Jeep

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My 1st Jeep was a Wrangler, then had a 2002 Liberty Limited, then a 2006 Liberty Limited. I'm looking to buy a 2010 Liberty Limited because I'm so happy with these Jeeps. It pulls a 15' boat/trailer in the mountains. I load kayaks on the top and 4-wheel it the rivers. I go skiing in the winter. The low gas mileage is a trade off for the muscle the Jeep has.

Favorite Features

Looks, reliability, power.

Suggested Improvements

Hoping the gas mileage can be improve without sacrificing power.

All my window regulators have failed ..
By reggio

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the diesel model to get better mileage, am happy with the vehicle with the exception of the window mechanism. Each window regulator has failed at least once and had been replaced while still under warranty. The driver side rear modulator has been replaced twice and now failed for the 3rd time (now no longer under warranty). This is crazy, these regulators are way overdue for a recall, shame on you Jeep! This is my third jeep in in the last 10 years, and probably my last.

Favorite Features

Great handling, excellent off-road. Hold the road extremely well.

Suggested Improvements

Window regulators are a disaster, all have failed and been replaced at least one.

recall the window regulators
By Laura

2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my jeep and love it. I get awesome mileage. The only complaints I have are the windows oh and the cd player broke about a month after I bought it. Well I had to replace one of the passenger window regulators already and after reading all these consumer reviews I seriously don't want to deal with another regulator going out. I'd rather spend my day off from work and school having fun instead of waiting for my jeep's windows to be repaired. There should definitely be a recall. Soon!!!

Favorite Features

Drives well, plenty of room for others and even my 8ft surfboard fits inside it :)

Suggested Improvements

Recall the window regulators on all 4 windows. Also, maybe some kind of stain resistant seats. I don't even have kids and my rear seat is filthy!!

I Love My Liberty
By RED

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my pre-owned Liberty, never having owned one before. I am so happy I made the purchase. It hasn't disappointed. I live in a heavy snow area of the country and this vehicle handles like a champion. It especially rolls in 4x4. I put too many miles on it annually, but will drive it until it falls apart. It could get better fuel economy for a small SUV. I was concerned about buying it because of what I had heard about Grand Cherokees and Durangos, but I am very satisfied so far. Great vehicle.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, center spare tire mount, quickness and maneuverability.

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG, larger glove compartment, better power window motors