Used 2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Minor cons But the Pros outweigh con
By Jrochester

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2006 and it is has turned me a true jeep fan the power is great and you cant complain about gas mileage when you have great power. Smooth ride overall.

Favorite Features

Power, Ride comfort, reliable

Suggested Improvements

interior seats to light pick up everything and fix window regulators even though i haven't faced that issue seems like everyone else has but i think its because where they are placed more so than it poorly constructed

Window regulators and water stains
By Skip Smith

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The windows have been a chronic problem since I purchased the Liberty. The first regulator failed within a few months. Since we have replaced the passenger side front 3 times and all others at least once. The last fix being an untinted window, however Jeep has developed a new fastening system for the regulator that should be more reliable. I wish they would recall and replace the others. All replacements have been covered by extended warranty, however another window failed this weekend, I'm waiting to hear their solution. Regarding stains on the cloth seats. Since the first week the seats have been stained (rain stained the seat when I opened the rear door to get the groceries).

Favorite Features

Turns sharp

Suggested Improvements

Recall and fix the regulators. Find a solution for the water stains.

Window regulators and water stained seat
By april

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third jeep. I bought a 2006 liberty because they didn't make the Cherokee sport (the boxy one) any more and I had 2 of those. I don't like this car and no more jeeps for me. The window regulators have been fixed 4 times, the seats are all water stained and professionally cleaning them didn't help and did I mention the blind spots? Chrysler is in the toilet and they don't want to recall the regulators or clean the seats for no charge. Chrysler needs loyal jeep owners like me and this is how they treat us?

Favorite Features

It's high enough that I have a better view of traffic

Suggested Improvements

fix the regulators, make the upholstery stain repellant and figure out the design for the blind spots

Windows Won't Keep Anyone Out
By WhyDidIBuyAJeep

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this '06 with 39k miles, in 02/10 and planned to give it to my daughter in the fall when she goes off to college. I put 700 miles on it and WHAM the back window fell inside the door. Research tells me that a lot of people have had the same problem. My old Nissan was 9 years old with 160K miles and the windows never had a problem. Jeep, MAN UP AND RECALL THES VEHICLES. I do not feel that it is secure or safe for my daughter. Anyone could open the widows without a problem. I am going to fix it and unload it on some unsuspecting chump, like me. I know I'll loose 1K to 2K bucks. But it's crap, I can't keep it. So much for buy American. 1st (last) American car in over 10 yrs.

Favorite Features

It's black. The dealer I bought it from is a victim in the whole thing, they didn't build the junk.

Suggested Improvements

Find some cloth that doesn't stain when you look at it, for the seats. If you can't make power windows, put cranks in, gosh.

badjeep
By badjeep

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this Jeep a year and a half ago. It had 13000 miles and has been nothing but trouble. The window mounts break and the windows fall down into the doors(all four of them did this!) The light fuses burn out constantly and I can't keep up with replacing them. The anti-slip warning comes on on dry ground and the four- wheel drive kicks on when there's nothing to slip on! It has been one problem after another with this vehicle. After 28,000 miles it has been in the shop with so many problems, including expensive new shocks that I will not ever recommend this car to anyone. I'm getting rid of it as soon as I can and never looking back at this very expensive and poorly made Jeep.

Favorite Features

Cute styling is about all it really has going for it since it isn't reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Stop using cheap, low-grade plastic for the window mounts! Build for quality! On this car whatever doesn't show is built poorly and what does show is all that it has going for it. Don't buy this vehicle!