2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Poor Window Design
By Brandon on 06/29/09 04:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty with 47000 miles on it. Same problems as other owners with the windows. Rear drivers side window fell into the door. Dealer said that it would cost 1000 to fix. I called Chrysler and complained. They told me that I would pay only 100 to fix it. Well, dealer now says 200. This is a leased vehicle, needless to say, I will be returning it and will not buy another Chrysler. This company needs to stand behind their products!

I would pass if interested in purchasing
By Deill on 06/26/09 20:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the Jeep new in 2007. Since then I have had the A/C worked on twice. The air would blow out the floor and thats it. I have had the window regulators replaced NINE times. I have a vehicle I get to take home for work and a only drive the Jeep on my days off. Luckily I am still under warranty since I only have 19K miles on it. They finally replaced all window regulators, tracks and glass with new parts Jeep came out with. That was a couple of weeks ago and they haven't broke since. I generally have warranty work done everytime I get the oil changed. This is the first and last Jeep vehicle I will ever purchase.

whats it gonna take....
By emraldeyzcat on 06/22/09 21:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Other than the window regulator going out on both Windows and the silly cloth staining seats I really don't have any problems with it.... But I'm wondering whats it gonna take for this window regulator issue to be put on a recall list... The latest happened on my sons side of the car scaring him and almost injuring him... And me nearly wrecking from the noise it made.... Who knows where I can file a report about it? thanks

Liberty has room for improvements
By r.manwarren on 06/18/09 07:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm an aircraft mechanic, I bought a Liberty for my wife to drive, and then everything went wrong one by one. Now I'm stuck driving it. The window problem is an engineering problem. Who in their right mind designed a metal spindal rod to work with a plastic cradle. Hello the metal is obviously going to wear out the plastic and then you're stuck in another worthless Liberty with your window falling down at every bump, until the local dealership can get to it 30 days later! As far as the brakes and rotors OEM is junk. go aftermarket and do the work yourself if you are knowledgeable!

trade me cars
By kd on 06/14/09 18:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Jeep liberty brand new in August 2006. While it was under warranty, I had the lower ball joints replaced, the manual shifter replaced a few other dumb things. When the warranty ended, I had to replace a 200.00 dollar idle air control valve, the rear window regulator needs replaced and the a/c is broken. The seats stain badly even with rain water and snow flakes. If I had known this particular car was a lemon, I would not have bought it.

Air conditioning
By Dawn on 06/10/09 18:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I own a 2006 Liberty which was the first new vehicle that I have purchased.I have many of the complaints some of the other owners have such as, the windows falling. Three times for me too. The seats staining are unbelievable too. My most recent complaint is the air conditioning. I was just told by my dealer that my compressor is shot. I have found no complaints or recalls related to 2006 Jeep air conditioning issues. This will be costly as my vehicle is also out of warranty like many other consumers who are faced with the same reality. What a disappointment Chrysler has been for me with this one. I plan on issuing a complaint. Maybe they will surprise me.

too many problems/bad gas mileage
By Katymaeflower on 05/27/09 13:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Jeep used. I've had it for 2 yrs. It's fun to drive but gets terrible gas mileage...15 city/20 hwy if you're lucky! I've had to replace 2 window regulators so far. It is in the shop now for an electrical problem where it keeps blowing fuses. The bill so far is $800 plus a towing charge! Before the windows and electrical issues, my only complaint was the bad gas mileage. I agree with the one person who said we should start a class action suit against Chrysler but would it do any good since they are going out of business? I owned a 1996 Grand Cherokee before this and loved it...no problems. I sure miss it!

Nice car...but with some problems
By Crudasill on 04/16/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 06' Jeep Liberty for almost 3 years and I do love the car. But there are some major flaws. The back left window fell one day (I didn't even try to roll it down, it just fell). Dealership wanted like $460 to fix because my warranty was gone. Seats stain so bad, even with just plain water. It is smaller on the inside than I ever expected. I have a 2 year old and have his car seat in the middle (because it is safer to put the carseat in the middle in all cars) and it is a tight squeeze to get another average size adult in the back seat. I've had no major complaints about the car. It has held up nicely. I would buy another Jeep in the future.

Rear windows and fabric seats.
By Serafina on 03/28/09 20:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Jeep in 2006 brand new. I love it, I don't have any complaints, very reliable SUV. I have 47000 miles on mine and I never have any mechanical problems, but the rear windows are a pain when they stop working, the fabric seats stain even with water, and the handle of the passenger side got broke and guess how much the dealer wanted to replace it $525.00, I decided to fix it myself with a real long screw. Inside is like a toy car very low quality but other than that very reliable SUV.

Climate Problems
By Benjamin Hester on 03/10/09 15:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The Jeep Liberty (and other Chrysler family vehicles that share its components) is extremely prone to problems with the climate system. Multiple (FIVE) attempts to fix a problem common in this model where the air simply stops coming out of the vents (despite functional fan/cooling system) due to a faulty valve have been unsuccessful. Multiple Jeep dealers have failed to correctly identify or repair this problem due to the intermittent nature of occurrence (only occurs at high rates of speed, due to loss of vacuum pressure). Extremely disappointed in this otherwise excellent vehicle and in Jeep service - as this problem makes any use of our Liberty miserable in the Texas heat.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.