Used 2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Window regulators
By blue01

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Oh my God, what do we have to do for Chrysler to recall these window regulators. I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty I bought used in 10-2008 and by 3-2009 my drivers side window went out and less then 1 week later the passenger back window went out. Just to find out that when the warranty company approved the regulators they would not approve the windows. Yes, the new regulator do not fit the old windows so they have to be replace too. After talking and complaning for a week they finally agreed to pay for the windows. Well lord and behold now my drivers side back window went out this weekend. How many more complaints will Chrysler need to recall these Window Regulators. (Frustrated)

Suggested Improvements

window regulators

Very Disappointed!
By Dont Buy it!

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this jeep liberty for two years. I have always wanted a jeep until now! My windows keep dropping from poorly designed window regulators, the a/c sucks, has a lot of road noise, and the interior is a stain magnet! I am very particular about the inside of my car and rain drops from just getting in the car stain the seats! I don't know what kind of fabric this is but it's awful! All of these problems are also very expensive to fix! The outside looks nice but the gray cloth seats are another story!

Favorite Features

It's cute on the outside!

Suggested Improvements

Different seat material, more insulation to help with road noise, and a better design on the window regulator that is not so pricey for consumers. I feel like jeep poorly designed these features on purpose to get more of your money! I will not buy another jeep!

Well Built?
By Disappointed

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Since buying the Jeep Liberty, I've enjoyed certain qualities of the vehicle and have cringed at others. The engine is unrefined and sluggish when accelerating. Sometimes when accelerating, if I hit a bump in the road...the car feels like it hits a dead zone and misses. Very bizarre? As an off-road vehicle its great but the poor interior design, annoying squeaks from the dash and caveman engine, it's really not an overall good experience. I purchase the vehicle for the wrong reasons which at the time was off-road capability and looks. Both of those qualities hold up over the time I've owned the Jeep (3 years), but the poor fit & finish, squeaks and overall cheap build is disappointing.

Favorite Features

Seating position. The handling is decent-fun to drive. The exterior looks are great especially when you add white lettered off road tires.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise is terrible, The power window adjustment in the center console, really? The windows that break (literally drop) every 7 thousand miles. I've replaced each window at least once from normal use (definite defect which Jeep has paid for). Needs a better engine, better gas mileage

Fun to drive but...
By Sera King

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a Jeep Liberty 2006 brand new, I love it but the window regulators went bad like 2 times in the back windows, the door handle inside got broke, went to the dealer they told me it cost about $500.00 for a new door panel, and the seats? omg i hate them even water will create a spot on them. other than that everything is fine.

Favorite Features

Powerful car

Suggested Improvements

Fabric seats, interiors in general need to be improve using better materials.

Seems Good
By Mike from Mass.

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Liberty 4 months ago and I put about 8000 miles on it so far. I have not had any trouble with the Jeep. The seats are horrible at getting stained, even water will leave noticible stains. It's not a luxury ride, somewhat rough seats while driving. I haven't had any trouble with the windows (knock on wood). The only maintenence I have done is oil changes.

Favorite Features

My Liberty has been great in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality seats that don't stain and perhaps more comfortable.