2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
2006 Jeep Liberty Windows
By jaime513 on 08/26/09 18:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the SAME problems with my windows sliding down into my doors. I've had the problem fixed, and it still keeps happening. Right now, I have duct tape holding them up because I refuse to keep paying to have the problem fixed. All of us need to make complaints to the NHSTA - I think that's the only way Chrysler will do something about this, and recall the window regulators. Also, is anyone having A/C problems with their Liberty? Mine stopped blowing cold air and I'm praying this isn't the compressor. I can't afford another fix on this car.

Great Car
By Happy Jeeper on 08/24/09 13:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have read these reviews and I have been very lucky with my Liberty. I drive both city and highway. I get 20 miles per gallon when I drive smart. No jack rabbit starts. As for the brakes I have 78,000 miles on it and still have original front brakes. I have had one window break and fall down and had a friend wedge it up. (it is the back drivers side) So I can't roll it up or down. I have had this car for almost 4 years and have only put new tires on at 55K, new back brakes at 65K, and did tuneup, transmission and raditor service at 55K. This has been a great car and I would buy another in a heartbeat!

All time high
By Jeep Lover on 08/23/09 08:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I really enjoy driving the Jeep Liberty. I wanted one years ago and finaly was able to afford one.I recently purchased my Jeep 2006 in June 2009. I just love it! I have already taken it on the road and can`t believe how smooth the drive actually is.Since the models style doesn`t change much, people think it is a newer model.I get nothing but compliments on the Liberty`s looks.If I ever trade in this model.... 2009 Liberty ranks very high on my list.

I'll never buy another Chrysler
By Millaina on 08/13/09 10:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I like most people have had nothing but problems with the windows. I have had to replace all the window regulators and now I have had problems with the sun roof. I have had the torque converter worked on as well as the tranny. The biggest problem now though is the air conditioning only works when it feels like it and no one can tell me what the problem is. And of course I am out of warranty! I only have 47,000 miles on this thing! Oh and to add to all that the gas mileage stinks! I average around 15-16 mpg. That's only a little better than the husbands 1991 Chevy 4x4!

power windows stink
By TerryP on 08/08/09 12:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I actually love our jeep liberty diesel, except for one stupid design flaw--the power windows that constantly fail. Chrysler should be ashamed of themselves given that it is clear this problem has been present for years. The problem is they haven't fixed the problem, even with replacement parts--I had all four regulators replaced, and now (after warranty) another has failed.

Fun to drive but...expensive to own...
By Janice on 08/07/09 10:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have a blast driving my Jeep. But, the poor gas mileage (average of 15 - 16 city/highway), the window regulator failure (three times), 4 alignments and the three set of tires it has gone through in 73,000 miles, and now I'm told the rear end needs to be rebuilt. All of this has made the decision to purchase a different type of vehicle very easy. We are a Jeep family, we own three others and have NEVER had these problems. Our '98 Cherokee with 220,000 miles gets better mileage than I do in mine. I certainly won't buy another Liberty.

Don't buy a Liberty !
By Mark on 08/02/09 16:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought used at 13k miles. Both rear windows have failed - window just falls into door when driving along. It's a massive safety issue. Don't buy this car if you have children or animals. It's just not safe. Chrysler want to wait for somebody to die before they think about doing something. Currently they charge $450+ to fix - even though the fix will just fail again. It's just a matter of time. If Chrysler had any small piece of care for their customers they would recall this design issue. But instead they are looking at it as a revenue stream. I'm never buying another Chrysler.

Junker
By BigT on 07/27/09 12:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just traded this dog in! Every time I took it in for an oil change something else needed fixed as well. More rattles than a maternity ward. Had the same problems that everyone else seems to have had, window motors, wiper motor, rattle in hatch that they told me was from a piece of welding that fell off...this was the wife's car and she liked it because it was cute. I used to own a 1996 Jeep Wrangler and it was well built, bit this thing. I will never buy another Chrysler product again. Traded it in on a Ford Escape. If this turns out as bad as the Jeep I'll never buy another car from the big three again.

Worse Jeep Made
By dclay72 on 07/08/09 17:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2006 Liberty new. The seats stain easily and do not come clean. I have 26,000 miles on mine and the steering is starting to get some play, and it isn't driven off-road. Had to have window regulators replaced 10 times, every window has fallen down twice and now I am on 3 times for a couple. In fact I have one down now. I have always been a Jeep guy, but they lost my business. As soon as it is out of warranty I am getting rid of it. Also, my rear interior light comes on every now and then for no reason. Chrysler should be ashamed of their vehicles.

Definately Rethinking...
By emtinit734 on 07/08/09 07:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I am seriously rethinking purchasing this car. Within 50 of pulling out of the parking lot the check engine light came on. I made arrangements to turn it in the next day and before I could even get to the dealership I found two other flaws. The front passenger window was out of track (working but doesn't go up evenly leaving a crack at the top) and the drivers side rear outside door handle had separated from the door by about a quarter inch. Turns out it was the check engine light was for the catalytic converter. While the warranty covers the converter it does not include the door handle or the window. This is a used car that was a leaser with only two owners and 38000 miles when I bought it

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.