Used 2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Looks Great!! Dont let the looks fool you!!
By nbuckley

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

had the worst experience with this truck engine light has been on for over 3 weeks now it's been at the dealer and they don't know whats wrong with it! I've paid alittle over 2,000 for work done on my truck and its still not fixed..and the dealar cont. to tell may its this and maybe it that..well I'm not going to cont. giving monies to you for your maybe's!! the worst truck thus far and I've had plenty of vechile if the dealer can't fix it then what?? only had the truck 1yr!! please stay away wish I would have done my homework an read the reviews on this truck before I made my purchase!! We live and learn!!

none!!

trash this make!!

Love everything about this car, except the mileage!
By derrtydave

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've been a Jeep owner for many years.
After my 3rd Cherokee started showing signs of old age, I traded it in for a pre-owned 2006 Liberty Limited.
When the Liberty's first came out, I didn't like the design, but it has grown on me.
(I still compare the Liberty to the Cherokee, as you'll see).

Everything seems intended specifically for convenience and space efficiency, well done Jeep!
I also test-drove the new 2008 body style which I didnt feel was built as solidly as the original Liberty body style-- somehow felt cheaper and flimsy, like a bad rental car.

Solid. Feels like I would survive even the worst collision. Love the way they moved the vehicle's center of gravity (compared to the Cherokee) so the thing seems more stable, and the body design is such that the driver can see more of their road surroundings from the driver's seat. The rear seats have more room than the Cherokee's, including a split rear seat-back so you can fold down part of it and still seat a back passenger. Cargo bay has the same storage capacity with the seats down, as the Cherokee did, very efficient design. Handles extremely well, small turn base, responsive, what you'd expect from a Jeep.

The only thing I dont like about this is the mileage. I can pull about 20mpg on the highway, a mix of city/suburban driving gets me around 14mpg, and all-city driving gets me 12mpg if I'm lucky. You would think that they'd have figured out a way by now to get better mileage without sacrificing power/pickup. My Cherokees used to consistently get 15mpg city and sometimes 21mpg on the highway.

Loving It!
By discod

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my little Mazda for the Jeep Liberty Limited and am loving it! I was worried about handling and parking a bigger SUV, but it maneuvers just as easily as a small car. Great styling, a very attractive, no-nonsense Jeep. I have the leather interior with the sunroof, and it's beautiful. Still looks like new and feels solid. I'm so happy with it and can't wait to take it up to the snow.

4X4 option, nice chrome details on exterior, handling, luxury options, being up high and having great visibility

Would like a little bigger trunk area and a quieter engine, but then it wouldn't be a Jeep!

STILL GREAT
By mmaggs9187

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for a little while now, and I have to say I still am in love with it!.... The design, how high up I am is amazing. This is my first SUV and I couldnt be happier with my choice. The 4x4 is great, I love selec tracs, hate when they are all time 4x4. The stearing handles on a dime and so far my windows have not given me and issue but I did get extended warrenty just incase. For how little it looks from the outside the interior gives the driver and all the passengers plenty of leg room. All around I do love this car, the only thing I wish it had was a sunroof.

4x4 high up power seats interior design lots of features

apparently windows

Love it so far
By mmaggs9187

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Granted that I only got it several days ago, I so far love the jeep. I have not had any issue with the windows...yet but all these reviews scare me haha... I went from a 2 door sunfire and loved it but wanted one of these jeeps since they came out! the gas mileage is what i expected, the 4x4 is a bear in the snow. the four doors is what i missed the most. so far i enjoy the jeep and hope it keeps up.

4x4 4 doors space interior design ruggedness