Used 2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

STILL GREAT
By mmaggs9187

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for a little while now, and I have to say I still am in love with it!.... The design, how high up I am is amazing. This is my first SUV and I couldnt be happier with my choice. The 4x4 is great, I love selec tracs, hate when they are all time 4x4. The stearing handles on a dime and so far my windows have not given me and issue but I did get extended warrenty just incase. For how little it looks from the outside the interior gives the driver and all the passengers plenty of leg room. All around I do love this car, the only thing I wish it had was a sunroof.

Favorite Features

4x4 high up power seats interior design lots of features

Suggested Improvements

apparently windows

Love it so far
By mmaggs9187

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Granted that I only got it several days ago, I so far love the jeep. I have not had any issue with the windows...yet but all these reviews scare me haha... I went from a 2 door sunfire and loved it but wanted one of these jeeps since they came out! the gas mileage is what i expected, the 4x4 is a bear in the snow. the four doors is what i missed the most. so far i enjoy the jeep and hope it keeps up.

Favorite Features

4x4 4 doors space interior design ruggedness

Suggested Improvements

apparently the windows...

Horrible !
By shanam

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My Liberty has 70k miles on it. I had to replace my entire shifter, A/C compressor, torque converter, 3 window regulators, and now my jeep was stuck in park and is in the early stages of transmission failure. VERY upsetting ! This was my first and last American car

Might just be a Lemon
By Wheeljack

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this Jeep barely 8 months after it was originally purchased and I have had something break on it pretty much every 6 months. I have had to replace the spring tensioner on the fan belt, 2 rear window regulators, the linkage and park mechanism on the steering column, pressure valves etc. Its only 4 years old! It has been fun to drive but I am seriously disappointed with all of the repairs that I have had to make. I owned a Japanese car for 10 years and never ever had any trouble like this. All these repairs have cost me at least another year in car payments and I am absolutely disgusted with Chrysler's manufacturing and customer service regarding this product.

Favorite Features

Trail rated 4x4. Decent handling.

Suggested Improvements

Interior platic is all junk. Window Regulators are all faulty and should be recalled. Interior fabric is prone to staining. Prone to mechanical failure more than any other vehicle I have ever owned.

Third-World Car
By Tennessee

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My husband has one of these lemons. He's just dealt with his 5th window regulator issue. Stained seats are a total embarrassment. Congratulations to Daimler Chrysler for selling a piece of junk that looks and performs like something you'd find in the third world. I intend to get results from customer service, or the CEO and board of directors WILL be receiving some very nasty, frequent communications until this is made right for us.

Favorite Features

None.

Suggested Improvements

Quit manufacturing this marvel of engineering garbage.