2006 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
2006 JEEP LIBERTY POWER WINDOWS
By Jan on 09/08/10 10:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love driving my jeep, however all my windows have torn up and the 2 back windows I can't afford to replace because they cost to much. The driver side I had fixed 3 times within 6 mos of buying the car and the passenger car i have had replaced only once so far. The interior or upholstery is terrible. Anything stains it and will not clean. If I had to do over I would not have ever bought this car because it is poorly designed and cost to much to fix the regulators. I also am surprised they haven't recalled this jeep and admitted their mistake.

They are all lemons
By guest00021 on 09/01/10 09:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Replaced 3 regulators under warranty, and 1 after warranty. Because they changed the design (yet, they didn't improve it), it requires the window to be replaced too. Total bill is about $800 per incident, and it's a repair that has to be repeated every once in a while for each window. I'm up to my 6th regulator being broken, 3 under warranty, 1 at my cost, and 2 that I decided not to fix (a stick was placed inside the door to keep the window from falling). I've only got 4 years and 65000 miles on it. Interior is very plain. Don't expect storage space. The manufacturer's manual doesn't even fit in the very small glove box. I can't believed I got taken that way.

Fun vehicle, but frustrated sometimes
By jeep18 on 08/30/10 13:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a big fan of the Jeep brand, especially Liberty and Wrangler. This is my first Jeep and I'm considering buying a Wrangler in the future. What I like about this car is its exterior design, sleek, bold, and different. It's a SUV 4WD but it doesn't look heavy or clumsy. The overall performance is good, but start to have some mysterious rattling sound recently. However, its power window system is a disaster. The regulator for the same window has broken five times and now the door is falling apart.

Regulators in windows
By Mary Ann on 08/14/10 20:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The regulator has gone out 3 times on my back drivers side window. Once on the passenger side window. The dealership is charging to fix this each time. It continues to happen, so they aren't fixing it. I am so tried of this. I would have never bought this vehicle had I known. I bought it new.

I have Issues
By disappointed in WV on 08/06/10 20:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I very seldom put the back window down or up and the driver side rear window has already been replaced because it would not stay up. The seat cover is so bad to stain even water will leave a spot. Now I am hearing a loud noise from the rear end and was told that people are having to replace the rear end and that all the dealer wants to do is change fluids until the warranty in gone then the rear end has to be replaced. This is not good. Has any one else had a problem with the rear end going out on the Jeep Liberty?

Window regulators
By blue01 on 08/02/10 21:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Oh my God, what do we have to do for Chrysler to recall these window regulators. I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty I bought used in 10-2008 and by 3-2009 my drivers side window went out and less then 1 week later the passenger back window went out. Just to find out that when the warranty company approved the regulators they would not approve the windows. Yes, the new regulator do not fit the old windows so they have to be replace too. After talking and complaning for a week they finally agreed to pay for the windows. Well lord and behold now my drivers side back window went out this weekend. How many more complaints will Chrysler need to recall these Window Regulators. (Frustrated)

Very Disappointed!
By Dont Buy it! on 08/01/10 11:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this jeep liberty for two years. I have always wanted a jeep until now! My windows keep dropping from poorly designed window regulators, the a/c sucks, has a lot of road noise, and the interior is a stain magnet! I am very particular about the inside of my car and rain drops from just getting in the car stain the seats! I don't know what kind of fabric this is but it's awful! All of these problems are also very expensive to fix! The outside looks nice but the gray cloth seats are another story!

Well Built?
By Disappointed on 06/25/10 21:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Since buying the Jeep Liberty, I've enjoyed certain qualities of the vehicle and have cringed at others. The engine is unrefined and sluggish when accelerating. Sometimes when accelerating, if I hit a bump in the road...the car feels like it hits a dead zone and misses. Very bizarre? As an off-road vehicle its great but the poor interior design, annoying squeaks from the dash and caveman engine, it's really not an overall good experience. I purchase the vehicle for the wrong reasons which at the time was off-road capability and looks. Both of those qualities hold up over the time I've owned the Jeep (3 years), but the poor fit & finish, squeaks and overall cheap build is disappointing.

Fun to drive but...
By Sera King on 06/21/10 20:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a Jeep Liberty 2006 brand new, I love it but the window regulators went bad like 2 times in the back windows, the door handle inside got broke, went to the dealer they told me it cost about $500.00 for a new door panel, and the seats? omg i hate them even water will create a spot on them. other than that everything is fine.

Seems Good
By Mike from Mass. on 04/26/10 05:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Liberty 4 months ago and I put about 8000 miles on it so far. I have not had any trouble with the Jeep. The seats are horrible at getting stained, even water will leave noticible stains. It's not a luxury ride, somewhat rough seats while driving. I haven't had any trouble with the windows (knock on wood). The only maintenence I have done is oil changes.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.