2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
I love my Liberty!
By Nic on 02/24/06 15:47 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I just got a Liberty not too long ago and i love it. Besides from the fact that in about the 3rd week somebody tried to steal it but luckily it had that engine immobilizer on it; otherwise they would have been successful. It handles great, can go anywhere (I've taken it places that many people would never take their vehicles and its handled perfectly), lots of power. I love the interior also. All around great truck.

Excellent Vehicle
By 71charger on 02/13/06 09:06 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Othen than more horsepower and/or torque I don't know how they could make this vehicle any better.

Awesome vehicle
By Gina on 01/31/06 10:33 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Great during snow storm, felt safe driving. Great overall comfort, easy to manage.

Bad to the Bone
By Rick on 01/31/06 10:07 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Reminds me of the driving properties of my 1970 Triumph TR-250. This is an exciting car to drive, with more driver leg room then my previous Ford F-350 had. Manual four wheel drive shifts effortlessly. Able to achieve 22MPG with a new motor which I expect to improve after break in period.

bad transfer case -- disappointment
By SaS on 01/29/06 16:56 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The comfort of this car far surpasses any other SUV I have driven. But it was a major disappointment to find that I had purchased a vehicle that had a bad transfer case from the git-go. You don't expect to be inconvenienced at 3100 miles. And to put up with the noise, vibration and the stress of wondering what else is going to happen later down the road, because Chrysler's service reps seem to think that itís ok to drive the vehicle until they can get around to replacing the transfer case. My concern is will the transmission fail next? Will the driveline maintain its integrity? I did not expect this from a Jeep. But then again it is a Chrysler product now, isn't it!

What A Truck
By Matt on 01/16/06 15:14 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love this thing. It has a good amount of power and fun to drive. It is incredible off road.

Unreal
By Awesome on 01/08/06 10:20 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

After owning a minivan this is much better. I love it. My mom had a Ford Escape and the Jeep just blows it away. It handles on the dime. I can't wait to see it in the SNOW.

My Liberty Diesel
By Psychcoguy on 01/05/06 01:04 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Good fuel economy, good looks and at 3,500 miles sustained $6,500 damage when rear-ended. Average 21 city, 27 road but if I slow down to 65 highway MPG goes up. Get the factory Bluetooth for cell phone. Stereo is good.

Fun, secure ride
By Mary on 12/07/05 22:02 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've only owned it one week. For the last two years I've been looking at the Jeep Liberty. I'm not quite used to being up so high (previous car was a Grand Prix). It's fun to drive and I feel very secure. Having horses, it's very practical for me. I think I've made the right choice.

Euro Jeep CRD
By CJ on 11/08/05 01:30 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

It's a Jeep to the core but with the Detroit Diesel 4 cylinder turbodiesel built for Mercedes (I haven't quite wrapped my brain around that), it's got that European feel and not the bad quality part. It is extremely smooth and torquey (new word). I find myself after 2 Wranglers in the past 7 years really amazed at the smoothness. I have been guilty of daydreaming on the interstate and speeding without knowing it. Wife bought me a radar detector, she was so happy to have another four door car in the family, good thing. I am a Jeep guy all the way (who else out there thought the Jeep transformer was the coolest of the group?) but I am really amazed at the power, gas mileage, and smoothness.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.