Used 2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Windows are horrible!
By Windows are HORRIBLE

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The window issue definitely outweigh any good that the car has! I bought the car after having so many issues with a Chrysler Sebring and even asked the dealer about any problems this vehicle might have. It is clear I was not told the total truth. I will be taking my car in again for window repairs. This makes #4!

Favorite Features

Leather interior, sound system

Suggested Improvements

Windows that will work!

Mixed Feelings
By chestersmom

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love my liberty, but I'm not so sure I love it. It steers well, easy to maneuver, love the height, but I have to say if I had been aware of the problems I could have fallen in love with another vehicle. The paint job sucks, I have what should be just a small ding (I'm guessing from a rock) above the window on the door and the thing goes all the way to the metal! Also, as with most of you, the window thing is driving me crazy! The driver window has gone out 4 times, the rear Windows both replaced, and today the passenger window broke. It also runs really loud & the seats stain way to easily. Something is definitely wrong.

Favorite Features

Looks great, drives well, decent gas mileage on highway

Suggested Improvements

The window problems are devastating, seats stain too easily (even water left stain)

Windows
By Kathy Roberts

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have a a little over 44,000 miles on my 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport and I have had to have the regulators in the windows replaced five times. Three times for back passenger windows and twice for the left driver's side window. The motor crunches and then the window just disappears into the door. I picked up my vehicle from being repaired for the fifth time yesterday and am afraid of letting the windows down for fear they won't go back up. I wouldn't recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Can you say lemon?
By Valeri

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this Jeep brand new 9/2006. In January of 2007 is was in the shop for a MAJOR motor problem that was a factory problem. I was without this jeep for a month and it has NEVER been the same. Nobody stands behind their vehicles anymore. I have an electrical problem in this vehicle and no one seems to know what it is. The fuel economy is horrible! The only good thing about it is its 4 wheel drive. This Jeep has been in the shop for so many things. You name it, its been in the shop for it.

Favorite Features

It is a 4X4

Suggested Improvements

Everything! I have never regretted a purchase before, until now. I should have never traded my Dodge Neon, at least that never had a problem.

I love my Liberty!
By Ashley

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the my Jeep in 06/08 it has been nothing but great to me. It has 29K miles on it when I bought it and has not given us one problem. It drives great, handles great, looks great, and for an SUV gets great gas mileage. I run in to people who have Liberty's all the time at the lake and they love theirs as well! Does great for pulling the jet ski's and my husband loves it as well. We actually fight over who gets to drive it.

Favorite Features

The look, the ESP feature, the room, the comfort, how it drives, and I could go on and on.

Suggested Improvements

Keep up the good work!