2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
My 2006 Libby
By suehalen on 04/15/06 06:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Liberty. I cried when I traded in my 2002 Liberty. I'm in heaven. I absolutely adore it. It's easy to drive and I love how I feel when I'm driving it.

This is my Second Liberty Limited
By lcom on 03/25/06 16:18 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with my Jeep Liberty, from the moment I first test drove one in 2003. When the 2002 lease was up on our Light Khaki Brown, the only question we had was what color to pick for the 2006 lease. We opted for the Inferno Red Crystal Pearl Coat. This is a great, all around smaller SUV, with tons of head room and leg room for tall people. I get comments all the time from back seat passengers who are shocked at the amount of room they have. Easy to wash, can load it up with gear or groceries, and ... it doesn't look like every other SUV out there on the road. Easy to drive, easy to park and great towing capacity.

Wish I would have rented one first
By Cindy on 03/24/06 17:59 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

After on 2 weeks I knew I bought this vehicle in haste. The seats sit really high and are not very comfortable. The brake and gas pedals are dangerously close. The steering is very touchy and difficult to control. The price really isn't that great when you really take a look at what you get. My Jeep has been for sale for 2 months with no bites.

My Jeep is a SUV, your SUV is not a Jeep
By TechRamblings on 03/18/06 17:19 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Aside from a small reprogramming problem related to a switch of tires (which the dealership fixed the same day I got the vehicle), this is one incredible vehicle! Much better than my previous 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited. In less than 1 week of ownership I've already pulled two cars out of ditches and pushed another one free. Off road it performs like a total champ (don't forget to turn off the ESP!).

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport
By lisa marsh on 03/13/06 18:59 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is a nice little suv that is affordable. Tthis is a bigger v6 so it is a little thirsty at the pump. I found that if you get gas before it is below 1/2 tank it does not hurt your wallet too bad. It is a nice little truck to drive though and it has nice pickup.

I wish I never purchased it!
By Brian on 03/07/06 14:08 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The car has a gear/spinning noise between 25 and 35 mph. Dealer tried to fix, replaced rear axles, then returned car with same noise claiming Chrysler district manager told them the noise is normal. Chrysler customer service is refusing to tell me what the source of this noise is. It is very unpleasant during city driving. This is a 2 month old car and my other brand 4 year old SUV is a lot better car.

Bad Designs
By sandy on 03/06/06 13:09 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2006 Liberty 6 months; gas mileage is terrible, cannot turn wheels fully when 4 wheel drive is engaged, no storage pockets, all doors are locked all the time when you exit the car, rides rough.

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport
By xc guy on 03/03/06 13:41 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this vehicle for three months and am very satisfied. Good power and smooth operating engine and transmission. Excellent heater and a much better radio than I had expected. So far, a very good winter vehicle.

CRD is perfect - Currently running B20
By DucatiGirl on 02/27/06 07:12 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love the CRD, bought all options except for the hands free and satellite radio. Wish I would have purchased the hands free cell device, as my cell and radio don't like each other. Love all about it. I run biodiesel B-20 in it, which it loves! Window levers are in a stupid spot, and drivers seat is a little high, as I lose some vision and I'm not that tall. Other than that, it's perfect! Road noise is minimal, heated seats are wonderful, Mileage is awesome! Would suggest anyone interested in saving money and looking for a diesel engine without spending loads of cash purchase a CRD Liberty 4X4.

Liberty CRD 4x4
By John P. Mc Fall on 02/26/06 10:09 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The Jeep is powerful, can turn around on a dime and gets good diesel mileage. I love it. I would buy it again. It needs more cup holders in the drivers area in front of the vehicle thats all.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.