Used 2006 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Most Unreliable Vehicle Ever Owned
By George

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This piece of junk has made me return to my original policy of buying only Japanese motor vehicles ! This past weekend, I suffered my 3rd and 4th window regulator failures within a few hours of each other. Really wish that I had done internet research before making a decision to buy this thing. My two broken windows are now held in the up position with duct tape, as I can not afford the repair cost. Numerous other costly repair problems also.

Diesel engine.

Power windows that don't brake just because the owner uses them.

Jeepers Creepers!! Windows stink!!
By Jeepers Creepers !!!

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The window regulators on the Liberty must have come from a Cracker Jack box! There is NO reason we (as owners) should be replacing these regulators every 6-8 months! Jeep KNOWS there is a problem with the quality of the materials used in the regulators & they need to step up to the plate & make a QUALITY regulator! I think this is a pretty sad ploy to have your vehicle back in to replace these EXPENSIVE regulators so often!

Fun to drive, decent gas mileage, sporty looking, ample space.

Get the window regulators fixed once & for all!

DO NOT TRUST JEEPS
By Poor Quality

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the CRD Diesel, which is great, good gas mileage (20+ in city, 25+ freeway) excellent low end torque, very good OHV and very fun! But it doesn't overcome the horrible Jeep quality, I will not buy another one. Chrysler knows that the window regulators are a deficient design, but will not acknowledge it. A simple plastic piece that will fail every 5k miles! I have replaced 7 regulators in 2 years. Dealer charges $400+, admits that it is a design flaw. I fix them myself, but it is still 1+ hr + $150. One of the biggest disappointments I have ever owned. Check all the internet sites under Jeep Liberty and you will see the massive dissatisfaction with quality (EGRs and regulators).

Every American auto company should offer a common rail diesel, very reliable and efficient. It is too bad this one is in a poor quality Jeep.

1. Chrysler needs to admit their mistakes and retain customers. 2. Please provide manual windows as options on all jeeps. 3. Please don't use soft aluminum in oil pans, it isn't worth the weight savings as it is so easy to strip out.

Windows are horrible!
By Windows are HORRIBLE

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The window issue definitely outweigh any good that the car has! I bought the car after having so many issues with a Chrysler Sebring and even asked the dealer about any problems this vehicle might have. It is clear I was not told the total truth. I will be taking my car in again for window repairs. This makes #4!

Leather interior, sound system

Windows that will work!

Mixed Feelings
By chestersmom

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love my liberty, but I'm not so sure I love it. It steers well, easy to maneuver, love the height, but I have to say if I had been aware of the problems I could have fallen in love with another vehicle. The paint job sucks, I have what should be just a small ding (I'm guessing from a rock) above the window on the door and the thing goes all the way to the metal! Also, as with most of you, the window thing is driving me crazy! The driver window has gone out 4 times, the rear Windows both replaced, and today the passenger window broke. It also runs really loud & the seats stain way to easily. Something is definitely wrong.

Looks great, drives well, decent gas mileage on highway

The window problems are devastating, seats stain too easily (even water left stain)

• SUV