2006 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
2006 Jeep Liberty 2WD
By Jeepers! on 05/31/06 10:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Absolute pleasure to drive! This truck is nimble and fun to drive. Nicely trimmed with leather, Sirius, iPod controller and Navigation, it is at home on the road or in the mud. The steering wheel radio controls can command the iPod, the Sirius, the radio, (of course!) and the Navigation system. Roomy front and back and the styling is very appealing.

Liberty CRD
By CRD on 05/30/06 12:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My CRD is a blast to drive and gets good mileage. Just took it in for the first oil change, that was a bit of a shock ($90). The A/C works great. My wife claims to hate the diesel clacking under the hood, but I can't keep her out of it. Fuel economy is good, between 24 and 26 MPG with 4000 miles on it. It is maneuverable and easy to park. Haven't towed anything yet but I am sure I will have no problem when I do. It has lots of torque.

Excellent Job Jeep!
By Robbie on 05/25/06 20:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this SUV. I turn heads driving down the freeway. Love the sunroof and heated seats. The people at Jeep/Chrysler are very experienced, and know how to make a small SUV. I got the 3.7L V6, but also tested the CRD. I like how the V6 is very quiet. Ride is very smooth, compliant and comfortable.

do it in a jeep
By freddie on 05/23/06 18:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

First SUV owned and went with the best makers of off road vehicles. So far so good I'm loving my Jeep.

2006 CRD, 4WD,4door,Limited
By Lawrence on 05/16/06 14:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The review link did not offer the 06 Liberty CRD. I want to specify that, because I love mine. I bought it new at 3miles; 5 months & 19500 miles later it's great. I would like to seek out performance items for this SUV, because of the mileage I use. I will exceed the warranty by the end of next year.

My jury is still out
By Jim Walker on 05/11/06 14:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I upgraded from a 2002 2wd Sport Liberty to a 2006 Sport CRD. I love the diesel. The vehicle is a breeze in traffic and parking. Not bad on the highway. After all, it's a small car with large guts, heavy. Good storage with the back seats down. The dash is laid out well. Best looking compact SUV on the road. My previous 3.7 Sport delivered 17, plus or minus, MPG for 4 years. I am a bit concerned, however, with the CRD. So far, 1000 miles, I am achieving 20 MPG. I love the power and smoothness of the CRD over the 3.7, but my jury is still out as to "was it worth the upcharge?". As the motor "breaks in" I will keep you posted.

Goodbye Ford!
By Marscan on 04/30/06 17:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

20 year Ford Explorer driver, never thought for a minute I would look at another brand. Fell in LOVE with my new Liberty at first sight, then knew I was driving it home after a test drive. Handles like a dream, excellent power, and let's be honest, it's one hot lookin' SUV!

2006 Liberty
By Clarence Larsen on 04/29/06 21:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Soon after purchase we took a drive around the Olympic Peninsula. We did a speedometer check and noticed that the speedometer was off by 3 miles per hour. It reads 3 mph higher than actual speed. We double checked it with a GPS and the GPS agrees with our findings. During the first visit for its 3,000 mile oil change I mentioned to the sales team and the service tech that this speedometer discrepancy will affect getting an accurate mileage and asked if anything could be done to adjust it. Sales said that it was adjustable, service said it wasn't that easy. It is a beautiful fun 4 X 4 to drive and my wife and I love it, and we will learn to live with the speedometer if necessary.

Liberty Sport CRD 4x4
By D W on 04/27/06 14:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Had about 4 1/2 months and so far so good. One road trip I did find the odometer to be off, by a whopping 18%. Thats bad, but the value will last longer I guess. Taking that into account with a Minnesota winter fuel, I'm getting approx 20 mpg winter and so far 28.2mpg summer with a 30 mile commute each way and most of that is freeway driving. Passed 500 miles on the last tank! Much better engine setup than my previous Jetta TDI, and so far no electrical problems either (just try looking for a Jetta without a tail light burned out).

Great Car, Bad Mileage
By diagonalmayhem on 04/26/06 20:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The car is a great everyday car, especially for commuting around town. I love to park with this car because it will easily pop over barriers and curbs with relative ease. The seats, although not leather, are extremely comfortable and easy to slide on due to the high quality fabric. The engine power is great, I just wish the mileage was something over 16 MPG, and I am not a crazy "off-the-line" driver.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.