Used 2006 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Big Mistake!
By BIG Mistake!!!

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had to fix the window regulators SIX times in two years. I bought the car brand new and the problem started within six months of owning the car! The dealerships answer to this problem," Buy an extended warranty!" I think that Jeep Liberty owners should file a Class- Action Suit against Jeep-Chrysler! No wonder they are going bankrupt!

Sporty for an SUV

Better quality of parts used to manufacture the car. Better gas mileage. STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT!!! It is made of inferior quality parts!

Buyer Beware
By Louise

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

All I can say is 'what a piece of junk'. Bought new, but back rear spring broke at 3k miles, repalce egk valve at 10k miles, loud rattle in back end that dealership never could figure out, replaced rear brakes at 14k miles, one rotor replaced at 18k miles, heater smells like burnt wiring, blower fan replaced, front passenger window regulator replaced 4 times, both back Windows each replaced 2 times.'updated' regulator that was suppose to fix the problem didn't. Both back Windows replaced again. Dealership lied. Never could get any help from Chrysler. Traded it before warranty expired and bought a Toyota RAV which I have put over 18k miles without problem.

Sharp turning radius great, has lots of 'get up and go'. Not top heavy like most SUV's. Fun to drive

Move pwr window buttons to door, extend the center console for more compartment space and so you can rest your elbow while driving. Most important built better quality. This was the worst vehicle I ever owned! If someone buys one after reading these reviews, well, I guess you know what I'm gonna say...

Most Unreliable Vehicle Ever Owned
By George

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This piece of junk has made me return to my original policy of buying only Japanese motor vehicles ! This past weekend, I suffered my 3rd and 4th window regulator failures within a few hours of each other. Really wish that I had done internet research before making a decision to buy this thing. My two broken windows are now held in the up position with duct tape, as I can not afford the repair cost. Numerous other costly repair problems also.

Diesel engine.

Power windows that don't brake just because the owner uses them.

Jeepers Creepers!! Windows stink!!
By Jeepers Creepers !!!

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The window regulators on the Liberty must have come from a Cracker Jack box! There is NO reason we (as owners) should be replacing these regulators every 6-8 months! Jeep KNOWS there is a problem with the quality of the materials used in the regulators & they need to step up to the plate & make a QUALITY regulator! I think this is a pretty sad ploy to have your vehicle back in to replace these EXPENSIVE regulators so often!

Fun to drive, decent gas mileage, sporty looking, ample space.

Get the window regulators fixed once & for all!

DO NOT TRUST JEEPS
By Poor Quality

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the CRD Diesel, which is great, good gas mileage (20+ in city, 25+ freeway) excellent low end torque, very good OHV and very fun! But it doesn't overcome the horrible Jeep quality, I will not buy another one. Chrysler knows that the window regulators are a deficient design, but will not acknowledge it. A simple plastic piece that will fail every 5k miles! I have replaced 7 regulators in 2 years. Dealer charges $400+, admits that it is a design flaw. I fix them myself, but it is still 1+ hr + $150. One of the biggest disappointments I have ever owned. Check all the internet sites under Jeep Liberty and you will see the massive dissatisfaction with quality (EGRs and regulators).

Every American auto company should offer a common rail diesel, very reliable and efficient. It is too bad this one is in a poor quality Jeep.

1. Chrysler needs to admit their mistakes and retain customers. 2. Please provide manual windows as options on all jeeps. 3. Please don't use soft aluminum in oil pans, it isn't worth the weight savings as it is so easy to strip out.