Used 2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Nice car...but with some problems
By Crudasill

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 06' Jeep Liberty for almost 3 years and I do love the car. But there are some major flaws. The back left window fell one day (I didn't even try to roll it down, it just fell). Dealership wanted like $460 to fix because my warranty was gone. Seats stain so bad, even with just plain water. It is smaller on the inside than I ever expected. I have a 2 year old and have his car seat in the middle (because it is safer to put the carseat in the middle in all cars) and it is a tight squeeze to get another average size adult in the back seat. I've had no major complaints about the car. It has held up nicely. I would buy another Jeep in the future.

cute car no major flaws..yet keyless entry doors lock automatically once car reaches

window regulators fabric on seats back seat leg room needs to be a little more

Rear windows and fabric seats.
By Serafina

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Jeep in 2006 brand new. I love it, I don't have any complaints, very reliable SUV. I have 47000 miles on mine and I never have any mechanical problems, but the rear windows are a pain when they stop working, the fabric seats stain even with water, and the handle of the passenger side got broke and guess how much the dealer wanted to replace it $525.00, I decided to fix it myself with a real long screw. Inside is like a toy car very low quality but other than that very reliable SUV.

Swing back window, Midnight Blue color, comfortable

Please upgrade the interiors, they stink big time.

Climate Problems
By Benjamin Hester

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The Jeep Liberty (and other Chrysler family vehicles that share its components) is extremely prone to problems with the climate system. Multiple (FIVE) attempts to fix a problem common in this model where the air simply stops coming out of the vents (despite functional fan/cooling system) due to a faulty valve have been unsuccessful. Multiple Jeep dealers have failed to correctly identify or repair this problem due to the intermittent nature of occurrence (only occurs at high rates of speed, due to loss of vacuum pressure). Extremely disappointed in this otherwise excellent vehicle and in Jeep service - as this problem makes any use of our Liberty miserable in the Texas heat.

Not a positive word to say, regardless of other great features, since the climate control problem has been so persistent and makes owning the car a regrettable experience.

Take note of the horrible rating Consumer Reports surveys have given the climate control system for this vehicle and FIX the problem.

Windows Problem
By Diane

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this Liberty less than 3 years. Since then 3 windows have stopped working: left rear window 2xs; left front window 1x. The left front is starting to go out again. When the vehicle was under warranty, Chrysler fixed the first 2 broken windows. I'm a high mileage driver: 25,000 miles/year. The vehicle is out of warranty DUE TO MILES and Chrysler will not cover fixing the third window. I would understand if the window had something to do with miles and it wore out. It's obviously a defective part & Chrysler won't stand behind their parts. Be prepared to pay appx. $450 to get the window fixed out of warranty. On a good note, the engine is great at 64,000 miles. No problems there.

The green color

Great Vehichle
By GreatJeepLiberty

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I too am shocked at all the bad reviews. I have had my Jeep Liberty since February 2006 and it has been totally great. The only 1 problem I have had is the back drivers side window fell and I had a friend lock it in place and needless to see other than it is locked in place that is the only thing I have had go wrong with this car. I have driven this vehicle over 65,000 miles and all I have done is change the oil and 1 set of tires. The brakes are original and this car is awesome. I look forward to driving this car for the next 65,000 miles...