2006 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Great Little SUV
By Sparky on 06/26/06 08:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent purchase - nice styling, fun to drive. Liked it when first came out. Gas mileage could be better. Dependability is yet to be tested, only have 1000 miles on it.

unfinished gem
By teendriver on 06/24/06 23:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

if only this suv wasn't thrown out on the assembly line...has great potential but seems unfinished. it has a lot of power but almost too much. i feel like I'm going to tip over every time I turn. The interior isn't much to look at and the radio could be better. It has a lot of power but I wasn't impressed. It stinks on bumps but is great in the snow with the 4 wheel drive on. I would rather have the Escape which feels safer and is cheaper. The jeep is "trail rated" and yet when you look at websites most recommend not to use the Liberty when off roading. Also when I was driving it a little rough it started shaking and the engine light went on.

Jury still out
By JimWalker on 06/24/06 14:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have submitted an earlier rating, "My Jury is still out". That was with 1000 miles. My main concern was MPG in my new Diesel, about 20. It's gotten worse after 3000 miles, 18. I am a very conservative driver with 80% of of my driving highway. I am returning the car to the dealer with instructions to check out the engine and transmission. In order to shift into the top gear I have to run the car up to 65 and then coast back to the desired speed. I spend more time watching the tach than the speedo. I hope the dealer can do something because I enjoy driving the car. The main reason for me purchasing the diesel was for the fuel economy.

Great all around Performer
By traceit on 06/24/06 01:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport here in Reno on 05-29-2006. It has great performance and handles great as well. It corners well, and has a lot of power for its size. I was impressed with its climbing abilities and the overall smoothness of the ride. It goes everywhere and is suitable for runs to the grocery store, taking the family to dinner as well as all of the outdoor activities that you expect a Jeep to be used for. The steering is a little numb (better keep an eye on the speedometer - you're going faster than you think!) and the 3.7 V-6 is a little thirsty at the pump, but it does have 210 HP and quick acceleration, so the trade off is well worth it. All in all, I give it 4.75 stars out of 5.

2 weeks behind the wheel
By Rent-o-Jeep on 06/22/06 21:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm at the end of my second week behind the wheel of this small SUV and I must admit I love it! I've never had an attraction to any SUV until I drove this one. The handling and ease of parking are better than my Jetta. If MPG's are important though, you may be disappointed with 16 mpg.

thumpy/non economic
By king on 06/22/06 12:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

A great looking vehicle, reliable, sturdy. Comfort in city driving is very thumpy. Fuel economy with this 03 Liberty is poor city driving-reasonable on the highway for driving. Rear seat is uncomfortable, while the front seats are great for comfort and support. The auto transmission shifts hesitatingly and I am on the second transmission. The first one shifted up and down like a yo yo. I am certain I would not purchase a Liberty again in an auto transmission.

In love with my Jeep Liberty!
By Katie on 06/21/06 11:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love the 2006 Jeep Liberty! I went from a 1999 VW Bug into the Jeep and was nervous about the differences. I now find that sitting higher up in a vehicle is perfect for my 5'10 frame. I feel much safer in the Jeep. I was also worried about turns and parking in the Jeep for its so much bigger than the Bug. I've found that the Jeep performs better in both areas! It makes sharp turns with ease, U-Turns are a breeze, and parking is no problem. Except for being a gas guzzler, I recommend this vehicle to anyone!

Jeep 2006 New
By dslizzy on 06/09/06 21:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

So, I have had this Jeep for 4 months now. Runs okay, no major defects. However, I am getting 13.3 MPG. My low fuel light or chime does not work. Loses power and does not shift correctly when putting strain on Jeep , like going uphill. Took it to dealer, and they naturally found no problem. The dealer told me as far as the low fuel light not coming on, "You have a fuel guage don't you?" I told him yes, and he said that I must have more reserve fuel than what I thought. So I went to fuel up. I put 18.5 gallons in. That chime and low fuel light should have worked. In my opinion, there are better SUV's out there. MPG on sticker is no where near the actual MPG that you get.

Jeep Liberty 4X4 Diesel
By Gary on 06/04/06 16:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have only owned this Diesel Jeep Liberty for about 6 weeks. Traveled over 1000 miles on a vacation with it as well as in town with A/C on. We are in the Mojave Desert. Jeep performed as advertised. Fuel readily available. Better handling than my old 2002 Jeep Liberty and a lot more safety and handling features. Much more economical. Very satisfied. Only one embarrassing feature. Rear passenger door opens and tall guests legs, socks, pants get rear tire marks on them (fender is part of door). Embarrassing! Otherwise, excellent performance and handling.

2006 Jeep Liberty
By Miti on 06/03/06 18:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

It's a nice driver. Power, though not great, is more than adequate. In town, it's difficult to keep the speed down less than 40. Power windows on console took a while to get used to, but it works well. Good vision all around, and I like the solidity of the side view mirrors. I also like the versatility of the vehicle. The 60-40 rear seat is a good idea. So is the pop up rear window. Saves damage. All in all, it's a good car, although I'd like it if it were a bit more fuel efficient.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.