Used 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited SUV Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Worst i every owned - i regert purchasing this.
By rayamash

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

i purchased the 2006 liberty with the Turbo Diesel engine. this is the 2.8L 4-clyinder. i had nothing but problems with this and had to fix all the short commings that chrysler failed to install. for example:
1) chysler never installed a fuel lift pump for the diesel and instead relied on the high pressure injection pump mounted on the engine to suck the fuel from the tank at back of the veichle.... this created vacuum issues and caused air to be sucked in and cause fuel cavitaion issues and engine stalling. Solution: i purchased $100 auxilary fule pump from napa and installed this.
2) chrysler routed the crankcask venilation back into the tubo instake... Problem: all oil vapers are condense in the intercooler and cause blockage of intercooler and cause engine to starve of air and smoke like hell due to wrong air/fuel mixture. Solution: cost me $500 to have intercooler replaced. then install a hose to vent crankcase vapers to atmosphere.
3) the fule filter is only 10 micron rating...not fine enough for the CRD injectors...Problem: fine particles pass right through the fuel filer and destroy the injector(s) Solution: i had to purchase all 4 new idiesle injectors at $800 each ..YES!!! $3200 for new injectors before tax and labor!! AND ..chrysler is the only provider of these injectors because nobody else in america sells these parts!
4) the engine threw a rod and punched hole in motor block and seized up at 151,000 miles. Solution: junkyard
chrysler abandoned all the jeep liberty owners...

DONT EVER BUY A JEEP LIBERTY....YOU WILL REGET THIS DECISION AS I DID. Learn this from me...

Update 2016...damn engine threw a rod punched hole in the engine block. Only 150000 miles! Damn piece of shit chrysler is siting behind my garage for 6mos now.
Diesel engine to ecpensive to buy even used is $3800 from LKQ.

Chrysler worst quality interior parts
By kinace

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a Jeep Liberty 2006 brand new, I have replaced the windows regulators about 6 times for the rear windows, spending about $200.00 each time, and still Chrysler do not have a recall for the cheapest windows regulators ever made out of plastic, then the gear shifter light went off and I thought I could fix it replacing a fuse. The dealer told me they didn't have a fix for that so they have to replace the whole shifter. WHAT? I just leave it like that and then the interiors handlers in each door came off when I tried to close the door that after several months of use. It runs great and I haven't have any major problems with the engine but Chrysler used the cheapest materials ever.

The whole interiors the fabric in the seat stain very easy even with water, the door handlers brake very easy, gear shifter lights went off, too expensive to replace, windows regulators are a joke they brake like 2 times in a year--very costly and Chrysler doesn't have that as a recall, shame on them.. I bought it brand new, I will never buy a Chrysler again in my life.

Looks great has a lot of problems.
By hindsboy

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The car has issues. The windows always fail. It always has recalls and my key will not come out of the ignition. When my air condition is on it makes a horrible noise. I went to turn the other day and there was a loud bang then it stopped turning (serious safety hazard) now it keeps happening. The transmission is also making weird noises. I wish i would have never got it. My other jeep was great. The car looks nice but it is terrible. if i could afford to make the thousand in repairs i would but now there is no use to for down in this downwards spiral Chrysler calls a car.

The looks are great inside in out!!

All mechanical features.:(

Third-World Car
By Tennessee

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My husband has one of these lemons. He's just dealt with his 5th window regulator issue. Stained seats are a total embarrassment. Congratulations to Daimler Chrysler for selling a piece of junk that looks and performs like something you'd find in the third world. I intend to get results from customer service, or the CEO and board of directors WILL be receiving some very nasty, frequent communications until this is made right for us.

None.

Quit manufacturing this marvel of engineering garbage.

Window regulators
By blue01

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Oh my God, what do we have to do for Chrysler to recall these window regulators. I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty I bought used in 10-2008 and by 3-2009 my drivers side window went out and less then 1 week later the passenger back window went out. Just to find out that when the warranty company approved the regulators they would not approve the windows. Yes, the new regulator do not fit the old windows so they have to be replace too. After talking and complaning for a week they finally agreed to pay for the windows. Well lord and behold now my drivers side back window went out this weekend. How many more complaints will Chrysler need to recall these Window Regulators. (Frustrated)

window regulators