Used 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Still in love
By rachmox

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Liberty in Feb '07 with 54 miles on her. She's now at 162K miles, and I've only had to replace a rear control arm and the right rear passenger side window motor up until recently. The left rear window just crapped out a couple of months ago, and I'm about to replace my water pump and fix a leak in the evap system, but after 6.5 yrs, I can't complain. She's been the most reliable vehicle I ever owned. Took a hit from a light rail train that clipped my driver's side sideview mirror. It didn't even take the arm off, only the mirror itself popped out! A freaking train! I was in an accident in Dec and begged my insurance not to total her. So yeah, I love my Liberty.

I love that the window controls are between the seats, and not on the doors. No worrying about the dogs stepping on the button and choking themselves. Plenty of room for 5 people. All around fun vehicle to drive!

Better motors for the windows, since that seems to be a major issue with a lot of Liberty owners.

Not Good
By jillcurry5

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my Jeep Liberty for 5 years, I have had to have my air conditioner fixed 3 times. The windows have dropped 5 times, there was a recall on some jeeps in 2006, bad luck for mine did not make that cut, I now have 2 windows broken and don't have 700.00 to fix them.Too bad say's Jeep, The back seat is covered in stains,because of a the type of material used . I will never buy another car from Jeep, and very sorry I bought the one Im stuck with.

When you make a product that is just not good, take responsabily and fix the problem...

Don't buy one!
By esoxgirl

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Liberty new and within the first year had to replace the back window motors twice. Now, since Chrysler seems to think customer service is not a priority, both back windows are held up by coat hangers. I like to take long trips and it is the most uncomfortable car. I am sad because I owned a Jeep Wrangler in '96 and loved it! I will NEVER purchase a Chrysler automobile EVER!

The sporty style. Lots of cargo room.

Come on now, there are so many people that are having the same problem, I don't think I need to put it here.

Window Regulator
By John Pullano

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

So, I took my 2006 Jeep Liberty to the dealer on 09/09/2010 because the front driver's side window regulator is shot. Cost me $595 to repair a problem that Jeep knows about. In fact, I was told they redesigned the regulator, and they put the newly- designed regulator in my Jeep. Why do I have to pay for something that Jeep knows was improperly designed? Jeep will not recall the vehicles because the regulator is not a "safety issue". I'm now waiting to hear from Jeep's customer service as to whether I'm going to get reimbursed. This is very poor customer relations at the least. Jeep should be replacing these regulators for free.

Very Disappointed!
By Dont Buy it!

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this jeep liberty for two years. I have always wanted a jeep until now! My windows keep dropping from poorly designed window regulators, the a/c sucks, has a lot of road noise, and the interior is a stain magnet! I am very particular about the inside of my car and rain drops from just getting in the car stain the seats! I don't know what kind of fabric this is but it's awful! All of these problems are also very expensive to fix! The outside looks nice but the gray cloth seats are another story!

It's cute on the outside!

Different seat material, more insulation to help with road noise, and a better design on the window regulator that is not so pricey for consumers. I feel like jeep poorly designed these features on purpose to get more of your money! I will not buy another jeep!