2006 Jeep Liberty Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

2006 Liberty Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Sort Reviews by

Chrysler worst quality interior parts
By kinace

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a Jeep Liberty 2006 brand new, I have replaced the windows regulators about 6 times for the rear windows, spending about $200.00 each time, and still Chrysler do not have a recall for the cheapest windows regulators ever made out of plastic, then the gear shifter light went off and I thought I could fix it replacing a fuse. The dealer told me they didn't have a fix for that so they have to replace the whole shifter. WHAT? I just leave it like that and then the interiors handlers in each door came off when I tried to close the door that after several months of use. It runs great and I haven't have any major problems with the engine but Chrysler used the cheapest materials ever.

Suggested Improvements

The whole interiors the fabric in the seat stain very easy even with water, the door handlers brake very easy, gear shifter lights went off, too expensive to replace, windows regulators are a joke they brake like 2 times in a year--very costly and Chrysler doesn't have that as a recall, shame on them.. I bought it brand new, I will never buy a Chrysler again in my life.

Looks great has a lot of problems.
By hindsboy

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The car has issues. The windows always fail. It always has recalls and my key will not come out of the ignition. When my air condition is on it makes a horrible noise. I went to turn the other day and there was a loud bang then it stopped turning (serious safety hazard) now it keeps happening. The transmission is also making weird noises. I wish i would have never got it. My other jeep was great. The car looks nice but it is terrible. if i could afford to make the thousand in repairs i would but now there is no use to for down in this downwards spiral Chrysler calls a car.

Favorite Features

The looks are great inside in out!!

Suggested Improvements

All mechanical features.:(

Third-World Car
By Tennessee

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My husband has one of these lemons. He's just dealt with his 5th window regulator issue. Stained seats are a total embarrassment. Congratulations to Daimler Chrysler for selling a piece of junk that looks and performs like something you'd find in the third world. I intend to get results from customer service, or the CEO and board of directors WILL be receiving some very nasty, frequent communications until this is made right for us.

Favorite Features

None.

Suggested Improvements

Quit manufacturing this marvel of engineering garbage.

Window regulators
By blue01

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Oh my God, what do we have to do for Chrysler to recall these window regulators. I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty I bought used in 10-2008 and by 3-2009 my drivers side window went out and less then 1 week later the passenger back window went out. Just to find out that when the warranty company approved the regulators they would not approve the windows. Yes, the new regulator do not fit the old windows so they have to be replace too. After talking and complaning for a week they finally agreed to pay for the windows. Well lord and behold now my drivers side back window went out this weekend. How many more complaints will Chrysler need to recall these Window Regulators. (Frustrated)

Suggested Improvements

window regulators

SEATS stain from WATER
By KimmyAnn

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My 2007 Liberty seats look filthy from stains brought on by water! Embarrassing to have passengers to see the seats! JEEP needs to recall these seats and do something about the ridiculous(ness) of the easily stained cloth that repels nothing!!!

Favorite Features

Love the size; turns easily & sharply; great gas mileage; love the body style of the 2007; good little vehicle; great dealership too! Just can't have passengers ride with you, they'll see the seat stains =(

Suggested Improvements

JEEP, recall the seats and make this horrible wrong into a right for your your customers. My Wrangler seats don't stain and that's with the top off!

Love my Liberty
By happy jeep owner

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had my Jeep for 6 weeks, and I love it. Traded in a 2001 VW Jetta for my Jeep, and I couldn't be happier. I know a lot of people have been bashing this SUV, and I have no idea why. Even my mother, who was reluctant to let me buy it, likes the vehicle. It drives great, very comfortable, and I like the height, it makes seeing the road very easy, and it has a very good crash rating. Also, it has a great sound system.

Favorite Features

Easy to drive, very safe. Great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage

I'll never buy another Chrysler
By Millaina

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I like most people have had nothing but problems with the windows. I have had to replace all the window regulators and now I have had problems with the sun roof. I have had the torque converter worked on as well as the tranny. The biggest problem now though is the air conditioning only works when it feels like it and no one can tell me what the problem is. And of course I am out of warranty! I only have 47,000 miles on this thing! Oh and to add to all that the gas mileage stinks! I average around 15-16 mpg. That's only a little better than the husbands 1991 Chevy 4x4!

Favorite Features

I have to say I do like the size. It works well when I have to cart around my 3 large dogs.

Suggested Improvements

Everything else! Windows, AC, hard as rock seats...

power windows stink
By TerryP

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I actually love our jeep liberty diesel, except for one stupid design flaw--the power windows that constantly fail. Chrysler should be ashamed of themselves given that it is clear this problem has been present for years. The problem is they haven't fixed the problem, even with replacement parts--I had all four regulators replaced, and now (after warranty) another has failed.

Favorite Features

The diesel we have makes good mileage for a 4x4; don't know why it was discontinued. Good for mixed highway and offroad driving. Good basic 4x4 system that is hard to find in many vehicles these days when people use 4x4 mostly for driving their children to school

Suggested Improvements

For a 4x4 the ground clearance stinks in a couple of spots--takes getting used to on 4x4 trails. And of course, the stupid windows (mentioned above) that constantly fail.

Nice car...but with some problems
By Crudasill

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 06' Jeep Liberty for almost 3 years and I do love the car. But there are some major flaws. The back left window fell one day (I didn't even try to roll it down, it just fell). Dealership wanted like $460 to fix because my warranty was gone. Seats stain so bad, even with just plain water. It is smaller on the inside than I ever expected. I have a 2 year old and have his car seat in the middle (because it is safer to put the carseat in the middle in all cars) and it is a tight squeeze to get another average size adult in the back seat. I've had no major complaints about the car. It has held up nicely. I would buy another Jeep in the future.

Favorite Features

cute car no major flaws..yet keyless entry doors lock automatically once car reaches

Suggested Improvements

window regulators fabric on seats back seat leg room needs to be a little more

Windows Problem
By Diane

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this Liberty less than 3 years. Since then 3 windows have stopped working: left rear window 2xs; left front window 1x. The left front is starting to go out again. When the vehicle was under warranty, Chrysler fixed the first 2 broken windows. I'm a high mileage driver: 25,000 miles/year. The vehicle is out of warranty DUE TO MILES and Chrysler will not cover fixing the third window. I would understand if the window had something to do with miles and it wore out. It's obviously a defective part & Chrysler won't stand behind their parts. Be prepared to pay appx. $450 to get the window fixed out of warranty. On a good note, the engine is great at 64,000 miles. No problems there.

Favorite Features

The green color