Used 2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

2006 Jeep Liberty : TOTAL LEMON
By Straycatstride

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the car new 4 years ago, there's less than 60k miles. I have replaced 4 window regulators and motors, and now 3 more broke. That's an average of 1 every 6 months. The electrical system constantly shorts out and of course nothing is under warranty. The dealership won't stand behind their product, nor will the manufacturer. I will never buy another vehicle made by this manufacturer!

Favorite Features

Nothing

Suggested Improvements

Destroy the blue prints and start again.

recall the window regulators
By Laura

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my jeep and love it. I get awesome mileage. The only complaints I have are the windows oh and the cd player broke about a month after I bought it. Well I had to replace one of the passenger window regulators already and after reading all these consumer reviews I seriously don't want to deal with another regulator going out. I'd rather spend my day off from work and school having fun instead of waiting for my jeep's windows to be repaired. There should definitely be a recall. Soon!!!

Favorite Features

Drives well, plenty of room for others and even my 8ft surfboard fits inside it :)

Suggested Improvements

Recall the window regulators on all 4 windows. Also, maybe some kind of stain resistant seats. I don't even have kids and my rear seat is filthy!!

Frustration
By David Sanchez

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

It has had 5 manufacturing recalls. I have had problems with the engine and shifter. The computer system messes up according to temperature.

Favorite Features

Design.

Suggested Improvements

Make it without computer system.

Liberty Renegade Rocks!
By Norman C

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We bought our Jeep Liberty 3 months ago and we love it. The Jeep is more comfortable on pavement than what some reviewers are saying, but this SUV really performs off-road. We've driven our Jeep on dirt roads, along trails, over tall grass and brush and on the beach. The tough 4x4 handled it all in stride and our 4 speed auto transmission is solid on road and off. The Renegade package makes it look tough and ready for anything, which we really liked. Unlike the other Liberty trims, the Renegade features a flatter hood without the rounded sides which makes it look more like a traditional Jeep. The bolted on fender look and mounted fog lamps adds to the ready for the offroad appearance.

Favorite Features

The off-road ability of this truck is amazing. I did my research here and elsewhere and all reviews say the same thing; this SUV is a real Jeep. I wouldn't dare to take an Escape, Mariner or RAV4 over the same trails I went on with my Liberty.

Suggested Improvements

The seats sit really high, which may make it uncomfortable for taller drivers. I'm 5'11" and fit OK, but a friend over 6'1" test drove a Liberty and found he had trouble seeing out from under the roof because he was up too high. Also, all terrain tires would be nice as optional equipment.

Excellent Vehicle
By 71charger

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Othen than more horsepower and/or torque I don't know how they could make this vehicle any better.

Favorite Features

Dash layout, exterior appearance, especially the flat hood and Renegade specific grill as well as the Renegade specific fender flares.

Suggested Improvements

More power.