2006 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Still in love
By rachmox on 08/07/13 16:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Liberty in Feb '07 with 54 miles on her. She's now at 162K miles, and I've only had to replace a rear control arm and the right rear passenger side window motor up until recently. The left rear window just crapped out a couple of months ago, and I'm about to replace my water pump and fix a leak in the evap system, but after 6.5 yrs, I can't complain. She's been the most reliable vehicle I ever owned. Took a hit from a light rail train that clipped my driver's side sideview mirror. It didn't even take the arm off, only the mirror itself popped out! A freaking train! I was in an accident in Dec and begged my insurance not to total her. So yeah, I love my Liberty.

Not Good
By jillcurry5 on 05/21/13 08:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my Jeep Liberty for 5 years, I have had to have my air conditioner fixed 3 times. The windows have dropped 5 times, there was a recall on some jeeps in 2006, bad luck for mine did not make that cut, I now have 2 windows broken and don't have 700.00 to fix them.Too bad say's Jeep, The back seat is covered in stains,because of a the type of material used . I will never buy another car from Jeep, and very sorry I bought the one Im stuck with.

Don't buy one!
By esoxgirl on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Liberty new and within the first year had to replace the back window motors twice. Now, since Chrysler seems to think customer service is not a priority, both back windows are held up by coat hangers. I like to take long trips and it is the most uncomfortable car. I am sad because I owned a Jeep Wrangler in '96 and loved it! I will NEVER purchase a Chrysler automobile EVER!

Window Regulator
By John Pullano on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

So, I took my 2006 Jeep Liberty to the dealer on 09/09/2010 because the front driver's side window regulator is shot. Cost me $595 to repair a problem that Jeep knows about. In fact, I was told they redesigned the regulator, and they put the newly- designed regulator in my Jeep. Why do I have to pay for something that Jeep knows was improperly designed? Jeep will not recall the vehicles because the regulator is not a "safety issue". I'm now waiting to hear from Jeep's customer service as to whether I'm going to get reimbursed. This is very poor customer relations at the least. Jeep should be replacing these regulators for free.

Very Disappointed!
By Dont Buy it! on 08/01/10 11:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this jeep liberty for two years. I have always wanted a jeep until now! My windows keep dropping from poorly designed window regulators, the a/c sucks, has a lot of road noise, and the interior is a stain magnet! I am very particular about the inside of my car and rain drops from just getting in the car stain the seats! I don't know what kind of fabric this is but it's awful! All of these problems are also very expensive to fix! The outside looks nice but the gray cloth seats are another story!

Fun to drive but...
By Sera King on 06/21/10 20:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a Jeep Liberty 2006 brand new, I love it but the window regulators went bad like 2 times in the back windows, the door handle inside got broke, went to the dealer they told me it cost about $500.00 for a new door panel, and the seats? omg i hate them even water will create a spot on them. other than that everything is fine.

Minor cons But the Pros outweigh con
By Jrochester on 04/19/10 14:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2006 and it is has turned me a true jeep fan the power is great and you cant complain about gas mileage when you have great power. Smooth ride overall.

Window regulators and water stains
By Skip Smith on 04/19/10 09:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The windows have been a chronic problem since I purchased the Liberty. The first regulator failed within a few months. Since we have replaced the passenger side front 3 times and all others at least once. The last fix being an untinted window, however Jeep has developed a new fastening system for the regulator that should be more reliable. I wish they would recall and replace the others. All replacements have been covered by extended warranty, however another window failed this weekend, I'm waiting to hear their solution. Regarding stains on the cloth seats. Since the first week the seats have been stained (rain stained the seat when I opened the rear door to get the groceries).

Window regulators
By stephanie on 11/06/09 14:50 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my jeep since 2006. I've had to replace 3 window regulators already and now the fourth has gone out. The regulators should have been recalled and fixed. I called to get a price on a new regulator and it's gone from 64.00 to 167.00 for the part which is ridiculous! I went through 4-5 recalls the first year I had this vehicle. I did really want to have a jeep now I can't wait to get rid of it. I will NEVER buy another jeep! What was supposedly once a great vehicle to have has become a cheaply made piece of crap. I've heard from so many people that they've had the same problems with the windows! Plus now my vehicle is only worth half of what I still owe on it. Horrible resale value!

2006 Jeep Liberty Windows
By jaime513 on 08/26/09 18:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the SAME problems with my windows sliding down into my doors. I've had the problem fixed, and it still keeps happening. Right now, I have duct tape holding them up because I refuse to keep paying to have the problem fixed. All of us need to make complaints to the NHSTA - I think that's the only way Chrysler will do something about this, and recall the window regulators. Also, is anyone having A/C problems with their Liberty? Mine stopped blowing cold air and I'm praying this isn't the compressor. I can't afford another fix on this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.