Used 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Chrysler worst quality interior parts
By kinace

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a Jeep Liberty 2006 brand new, I have replaced the windows regulators about 6 times for the rear windows, spending about $200.00 each time, and still Chrysler do not have a recall for the cheapest windows regulators ever made out of plastic, then the gear shifter light went off and I thought I could fix it replacing a fuse. The dealer told me they didn't have a fix for that so they have to replace the whole shifter. WHAT? I just leave it like that and then the interiors handlers in each door came off when I tried to close the door that after several months of use. It runs great and I haven't have any major problems with the engine but Chrysler used the cheapest materials ever.

Suggested Improvements

The whole interiors the fabric in the seat stain very easy even with water, the door handlers brake very easy, gear shifter lights went off, too expensive to replace, windows regulators are a joke they brake like 2 times in a year--very costly and Chrysler doesn't have that as a recall, shame on them.. I bought it brand new, I will never buy a Chrysler again in my life.

Looks great has a lot of problems.
By hindsboy

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The car has issues. The windows always fail. It always has recalls and my key will not come out of the ignition. When my air condition is on it makes a horrible noise. I went to turn the other day and there was a loud bang then it stopped turning (serious safety hazard) now it keeps happening. The transmission is also making weird noises. I wish i would have never got it. My other jeep was great. The car looks nice but it is terrible. if i could afford to make the thousand in repairs i would but now there is no use to for down in this downwards spiral Chrysler calls a car.

Favorite Features

The looks are great inside in out!!

Suggested Improvements

All mechanical features.:(

Third-World Car
By Tennessee

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My husband has one of these lemons. He's just dealt with his 5th window regulator issue. Stained seats are a total embarrassment. Congratulations to Daimler Chrysler for selling a piece of junk that looks and performs like something you'd find in the third world. I intend to get results from customer service, or the CEO and board of directors WILL be receiving some very nasty, frequent communications until this is made right for us.

Favorite Features

None.

Suggested Improvements

Quit manufacturing this marvel of engineering garbage.

Window regulators
By blue01

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Oh my God, what do we have to do for Chrysler to recall these window regulators. I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty I bought used in 10-2008 and by 3-2009 my drivers side window went out and less then 1 week later the passenger back window went out. Just to find out that when the warranty company approved the regulators they would not approve the windows. Yes, the new regulator do not fit the old windows so they have to be replace too. After talking and complaning for a week they finally agreed to pay for the windows. Well lord and behold now my drivers side back window went out this weekend. How many more complaints will Chrysler need to recall these Window Regulators. (Frustrated)

Suggested Improvements

window regulators

SEATS stain from WATER
By KimmyAnn

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My 2007 Liberty seats look filthy from stains brought on by water! Embarrassing to have passengers to see the seats! JEEP needs to recall these seats and do something about the ridiculous(ness) of the easily stained cloth that repels nothing!!!

Favorite Features

Love the size; turns easily & sharply; great gas mileage; love the body style of the 2007; good little vehicle; great dealership too! Just can't have passengers ride with you, they'll see the seat stains =(

Suggested Improvements

JEEP, recall the seats and make this horrible wrong into a right for your your customers. My Wrangler seats don't stain and that's with the top off!