2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
2006 Jeep Liberty : TOTAL LEMON
By Straycatstride on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the car new 4 years ago, there's less than 60k miles. I have replaced 4 window regulators and motors, and now 3 more broke. That's an average of 1 every 6 months. The electrical system constantly shorts out and of course nothing is under warranty. The dealership won't stand behind their product, nor will the manufacturer. I will never buy another vehicle made by this manufacturer!

recall the window regulators
By Laura on 12/20/09 18:44 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my jeep and love it. I get awesome mileage. The only complaints I have are the windows oh and the cd player broke about a month after I bought it. Well I had to replace one of the passenger window regulators already and after reading all these consumer reviews I seriously don't want to deal with another regulator going out. I'd rather spend my day off from work and school having fun instead of waiting for my jeep's windows to be repaired. There should definitely be a recall. Soon!!!

Frustration
By David Sanchez on 08/20/08 19:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

It has had 5 manufacturing recalls. I have had problems with the engine and shifter. The computer system messes up according to temperature.

Liberty Renegade Rocks!
By Norman C on 06/30/06 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We bought our Jeep Liberty 3 months ago and we love it. The Jeep is more comfortable on pavement than what some reviewers are saying, but this SUV really performs off-road. We've driven our Jeep on dirt roads, along trails, over tall grass and brush and on the beach. The tough 4x4 handled it all in stride and our 4 speed auto transmission is solid on road and off. The Renegade package makes it look tough and ready for anything, which we really liked. Unlike the other Liberty trims, the Renegade features a flatter hood without the rounded sides which makes it look more like a traditional Jeep. The bolted on fender look and mounted fog lamps adds to the ready for the offroad appearance.

Excellent Vehicle
By 71charger on 02/13/06 09:06 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Othen than more horsepower and/or torque I don't know how they could make this vehicle any better.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.