2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Still in love
By rachmox on 08/07/13 16:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Liberty in Feb '07 with 54 miles on her. She's now at 162K miles, and I've only had to replace a rear control arm and the right rear passenger side window motor up until recently. The left rear window just crapped out a couple of months ago, and I'm about to replace my water pump and fix a leak in the evap system, but after 6.5 yrs, I can't complain. She's been the most reliable vehicle I ever owned. Took a hit from a light rail train that clipped my driver's side sideview mirror. It didn't even take the arm off, only the mirror itself popped out! A freaking train! I was in an accident in Dec and begged my insurance not to total her. So yeah, I love my Liberty.

Not Good
By jillcurry5 on 05/21/13 08:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my Jeep Liberty for 5 years, I have had to have my air conditioner fixed 3 times. The windows have dropped 5 times, there was a recall on some jeeps in 2006, bad luck for mine did not make that cut, I now have 2 windows broken and don't have 700.00 to fix them.Too bad say's Jeep, The back seat is covered in stains,because of a the type of material used . I will never buy another car from Jeep, and very sorry I bought the one Im stuck with.

Jeep Liberty
By bailey26 on 08/29/12 12:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for 3 years, in that time I have spent over 5,000 dollars just in repairs. The rear windows both have fallen off, that is about 350. each time. I have had the air conditioning, heat, transmission, misc electrical and switches fixed. The fabric that they use for the seats is horrid. It stains instantly, even if you drip water on it you cant get the stain out. The seats are uncomfortable and there is not much backseat room.

Bad Idea
By bmd3 on 04/16/12 17:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I owned my 2006 Jeep Liberty for 4 years and I had nothing but problems. I just sold it and have never been happier to be rid of it. It saw the garage once a month. It is very hard on brakes, tires, the calipers continually seize and I can't tell you how many times I've driven around with a smoking wheel and the smell of burned rubber in the car. It blew fuses, had to have the back springs replaced, it sometimes will not start.....never, ever again.

Chrysler worst quality interior parts
By kinace on 02/21/12 11:27 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a Jeep Liberty 2006 brand new, I have replaced the windows regulators about 6 times for the rear windows, spending about $200.00 each time, and still Chrysler do not have a recall for the cheapest windows regulators ever made out of plastic, then the gear shifter light went off and I thought I could fix it replacing a fuse. The dealer told me they didn't have a fix for that so they have to replace the whole shifter. WHAT? I just leave it like that and then the interiors handlers in each door came off when I tried to close the door that after several months of use. It runs great and I haven't have any major problems with the engine but Chrysler used the cheapest materials ever.

Windows Suck
By jeepmadness on 12/13/11 10:05 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used one with 10,000 miles. I immediatley started having trouble with the windows. I paid a $100 deductable six times to have this problem fixed, and it has never been fully resolved. My back driver's side window is now being held up this a suction cup purchased at harbor freight for 5.99. The 5.99 suction cup has served me much better then anyone at Jeff Wyler, Ft. Thomas. I have yet to be reimbursed from Chrysler for my previous expenses and Jeff Wyler wants to charge me $80 to look at the problem to see if it will be covered by the extended warranty now offered due to the problem. Every window part should be included for this car due to the inconvenience. Don't buy the 2006!

Looks great has a lot of problems.
By hindsboy on 10/12/11 18:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The car has issues. The windows always fail. It always has recalls and my key will not come out of the ignition. When my air condition is on it makes a horrible noise. I went to turn the other day and there was a loud bang then it stopped turning (serious safety hazard) now it keeps happening. The transmission is also making weird noises. I wish i would have never got it. My other jeep was great. The car looks nice but it is terrible. if i could afford to make the thousand in repairs i would but now there is no use to for down in this downwards spiral Chrysler calls a car.

Looks Great!! Dont let the looks fool you!!
By nbuckley on 04/18/11 12:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

had the worst experience with this truck engine light has been on for over 3 weeks now it's been at the dealer and they don't know whats wrong with it! I've paid alittle over 2,000 for work done on my truck and its still not fixed..and the dealar cont. to tell may its this and maybe it that..well I'm not going to cont. giving monies to you for your maybe's!! the worst truck thus far and I've had plenty of vechile if the dealer can't fix it then what?? only had the truck 1yr!! please stay away wish I would have done my homework an read the reviews on this truck before I made my purchase!! We live and learn!!

Love everything about this car, except the mileage!
By derrtydave on 04/15/11 05:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've been a Jeep owner for many years. After my 3rd Cherokee started showing signs of old age, I traded it in for a pre-owned 2006 Liberty Limited. When the Liberty's first came out, I didn't like the design, but it has grown on me. (I still compare the Liberty to the Cherokee, as you'll see). Everything seems intended specifically for convenience and space efficiency, well done Jeep! I also test-drove the new 2008 body style which I didnt feel was built as solidly as the original Liberty body style-- somehow felt cheaper and flimsy, like a bad rental car.

Loving It!
By discod on 03/19/11 18:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my little Mazda for the Jeep Liberty Limited and am loving it! I was worried about handling and parking a bigger SUV, but it maneuvers just as easily as a small car. Great styling, a very attractive, no-nonsense Jeep. I have the leather interior with the sunroof, and it's beautiful. Still looks like new and feels solid. I'm so happy with it and can't wait to take it up to the snow.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.