Bad tranny
By Mike B on
2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
I maintained my Liberty as per manufacturer specs (ALL services were performed), yet at 101,000 miles the transmission went out. It failed to shift back into first gear, and would stick between 2nd - 3rd. This is the automatic transmission. $2850 to get it rebuilt. transmission shop says "Chryslers are known for weak transmissions, especially in their vans". Never had a problem like this with Hondas/Toyotas (I keep them to 200,000 miles). I think this will be my last American car.
By metalhed1
on 04/10/11 05:13 AM (PDT)

This post doesn't make any sense. There are no gears and shouldn't you just leave it in drive for automatic trans.

By tom237
on 09/18/11 21:53 PM (PDT)

Nothing against Hondas I had Two Jeeps and I also own a 2002 civic My transmission in the civic is done at 73k.So that does not have to do anything with chrysler.I thougt Honda was reliable car.I was so wrong

By hondatincan
on 08/06/12 19:57 PM (PDT)

We've owned a Honda and a Jeep for many years, do all maintenance and keep accurate records. Although the Jeep needs a few more repairs than the Honda, the Jeep is actually cheaper to own (parts are much cheaper than Honda).