Used 2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

BEST CAR EVER OWNED!!!
By jeeplib0545

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my jeep in 2009 with only 33,000 miles on it. I haven't had a single problem with it since the day I've gotten it, and I love it so much! I've had cars in the past that were awful, and my jeep is truly dependable and reliable. My family has owned jeeps, and will never own anything but Jeeps! If you are looking for value for your dollar, the Jeep Liberty Sport is worth every penny!

I thought I would need cruise control, but mine doesn't have it and I'm fine without it. My favorite feature is the 4WD - living near the mountains makes it a must have and it's gotten me out of sticky situations, but mostly it makes me feel so safe.

none!

Not a good choice
By shrewem

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our 2005 Liberty new. Also purchasing the 5 year warranty which exp Feb 2010. Last week (Dec 2010) it started acting up so we took it into the dealer. Bad head gasket, takes $1500.00 to fix. While tearing it down they found a timing belt guide broken and had to buy the entire kit from Mopar for $534 additional. We don't have it back yet but a 90,000 mile vehicle should not be requiring a $2500.00 repair. It is the last Jeep/Dodge we will buy. We are looking again soon but will probably look towards a Toyota.

Back your vehicles with a better warranty. Quit buying the lowest bidder parts from China. I'll pay a higher price to get American made.

Jeep Liberty Limited CRD - blown engine
By winter2

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my CRD brand new. Fairly reliable and occasionally quirky. Good highway economy at 30-31 MPG. During a recent trip, the #1 connecting rod disintegrated and sent shrapnel throughout the engine at 77,594 miles. Have a case setup with Chrysler and waiting to hear if they will fix it. The diesel tech at the dealer where it is and the engineer at Chrysler he spoke to had never heard of this diesel blowing up like this.

Love it!
By MissA1987

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Ya know someone said they would rather have a toyota, yeah go ahead it'll be recalled in no time. I did have a foreign car before I got my Jeep. But I hated it, it was awful on the highway. I've had no problems with my jeep with the past five years that I've had it. And here I am almost 100,000 miles later and I'm still driving it. And I actually started a trend because right after, I let both my sisters, my best friend and my cousin drive it and ya know what they traded in their foreign cars for a JEEP as well. And I'm not trying to be mean, but maybe y'all don't know how to drive. The only thing I dont like are the seats, but if that's the price I have to pay to buy AMERICAN so be it!

4wd

Change plastic bumpers, and make more comfortable seats with the American flag printed on them.

CRD was a loser
By williambig

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this Jeep liberty CRD new. Just after I got it they had a recall for the front wheel bearings and the torque converter and transmission front pump.Both were replaced under warranty. The next thing to go bad was the EGR valve which went bad after 35,000 miles. It was replaced under warranty. At about 45,000 miles I started having problems with the boost pressure sensor getting loaded up with carbon. I cleaned this and reinstalled and would go bad over and over. the EGR air flow control went bad, known to every one else as a throttle body. NOT covered under warranty. Last thing the fuel filter mount required to be replaced by Chrysler but will not pay or it. Good riddance Chrysler

Lots of Torque

A company that will stand behind their 7/70 warranty. Testing the motors before they put them in the market place