2005 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Just Bought This week
By DJK on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought my Jeep Liberty. This is my first SUV ever. I have wanted an SUV for a while and decided I really wanted a Liberty Renegade. I received a great deal with great financing, and the 1,000 customer cash back. My total with taxes and the incentive was 27,784.66. This has to be better than my Volvo was.

Great Buy
By Kris B on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

An all around great vehicle and absolutely exceptional for the price! The cargo area is huge and it rolls over curbs and potholes like they aren't even there. There is no question I will buy another one when this one wears out. (as long is gas is not $10/gal)

Renegade 4 wheel drive
By Melissac1995 on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Drives excellent, fully loaded, but remember it is an suv, 4 wheel drive so expect a little out side noise, whining, and truck like tendencies. But much better than an economy car. I love it!

jeep liberty
By johncans on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love this jeep wish i bought long ago

You've Missed the Point
By Bob Gagne on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

If you are buying a Liberty just to do your on-road erends, you have missed the point of this vehicle. It is every bit as at home off road as on. There are smoother riding, better handling compact SUV's out there, but, in my opinion, they don't make it off road. The Liberty is a good compromize between off and on road abilities. I have owned two Wranglers before the Liberty, and the Liberty can go just about anywhere I could go with my Wrangler, but it is a loit bettter handling on the highway than the Wrangler and much more comfortable to drive in for long distances.

i love my liberty!
By brandnewmidnite on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I was first drawn to the jeep because they have a great rep for being dependable, stylish, and a vehicle that will retain it's value very well. I drive about 30,000 miles every year and I was wanting an suv that would withstand alot of mileage. When I checked out used jeeps on the internet and in the paper, I kept finding ones with well over 100k on them and even quite a bit with 200k. More so than with any other make.

hesitation at 1200rpm
By twigs on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

i experienced a hesitation from new at 12-1500rpm in every gear, dealer thought i was a cronic complainer. i spent 35 years as a dealer mechanic and knew i had a problem. finally a service bulletin showed up to reprogram the computer and problem solved. i really like the car and feel it is a good value. it serves all my needs and is really a jeep.

This SUV is ROCK SOLID!
By JP05FAN on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

After owning a Jeep Cherokee for eight years, we decided to add another one to our garage. So we went out to test drive the Liberty Sport 4X4 and WOW were we impressed! Very Smooth (better than our sedan), braking was very good, acceleration was very fast and the engine was so quite (it never was loud or odd sounding). And since being a previous Jeep owner, we were suorised to find that the body roll was cut down to almost nothing! All and all this re- design of the 05 is very solid; and you feel that while drving it doesn't feel flimsy or cheap. And the funny thing is the same day we test drove it we came back later and ordered one!

Bought My Second Liberty
By RJLOHIO on 09/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2003 Liberty for my daughter's use and loved it so much I bought a 2005 for my use. The updated style and appearance are really well done and it totally fun to drive.

Best Little SUV!
By Rayrock on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I test drove just about everything and settled on the Kia Sorento or the Liberty, We were able to drive both back to back. The Liberty has a tighter feel, the Kia was bouncy and felt sluggish. The liberty felt snappy. I like the fact that you can hear the engine. We couldn't get all the options we wanted in one vehicle. We wanted the off-road group and the towning package and got neither. It took over 5 hours to complete the deal!! I still can't belive it. we are glad we have a real Jeep!