2005 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
My Jeep Liberty
By MassJeepOwner on 11/12/04 01:08 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Great curb appeal, solid build, low road noise, powerful V6 engine, great steering response, good interior design, great 4WD system, poor gas mileage for a V6. Overall I love the new Liberty and would recommend to anyone looking to purchase a compact SUV.

Best on all surfaces!
By wyrless on 11/11/04 11:18 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My liberty is a workhorse, that cleans up for an elegant night on the town. Her size, turning radius, handeling, and acceleration beats most sedans, making city driving a dream. Her rear end does not stick out of any standard parking spot, like so many other SUV's. She can hold her own in the deep sand of the Outer Banks or any mountain trail in the Rockies. I've been on the road after hurricane's and during ice storms, and blizzards, each time arriving home safely. The Liberty does it all, work and play, reliably, for a fabulous price. If you want a vehicle that rides like a sedan, buy a sedan.

05 Renegade Review
By 05Renegader on 11/08/04 14:39 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Recently purchased '05 Liberty Renegade. Black, 4x4, V6, Auto, 6 CD changer w/tow pkg. The new Liberty has upgraded looks and styling. They now have a more rugged appearance by raising and flattening the hood/grill area, thus eliminating the "bug-eyed" look of earlier models. The ride is very comfortable and the engine feels strong and accelerates smoothly. The seats feel better and the overall ride is relatively quiet and smooth. Other makes and models I drove were whiny and not as refined as the Jeep. The instrument controls are all easy to access and operate. Fuel economy lacks, but I would not want to take away from the positive engine performance characteristics.

Liberty
By shalista on 11/08/04 00:34 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

it is awsome offroad.

2005 jeep liberty renegade 4 x 4
By PaulJ778 on 11/07/04 19:16 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is first jeep that i have owned. It is very fun to drive. Gas mileage is not the greatest, but everything else makes up for it. I wish there was a light or symbol for the sun roof as i have forgoten and left it open. Also they do not make front mud flaps for the Renegade with rock guards.

Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 2005
By Jojotexas on 11/06/04 20:42 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am not impressed with the gas mileage (15 mpg) in the city. The leather seats are comfortable, but I tend to slide a bit. The leg space is limited for a 5'8". A couple of glitches happened, my 6 CD changer failed only one week after I got the car, and ate 4 of my favorite CDs! I also had to have my car towed because the gas pedal cable was missing 'a clip', the car wouldn't move... Still love the car. The AC works great. I recommend you take the maximum care warranty, Jeep service was really great when my car got towed. The look of this car is so great, I felt in love with it. Lots of space, the back seats fold nicely.

Sharp SUV - just bought
By billymay on 11/04/04 18:34 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Considered Ford Escape, Toyota RAV4, Land Rover Freelander, but Liberty was the right price and IMHO the real SUV of the bunch. The Liberty doors shut with a perfect thunk, the noise level is right (hey it isn't supposed to be a limo), and for $21K it's the sharpest vehicle out there. Highway cruising is nice and quiet, luggage capacity is fine for most of us. I just bought it, so have no info on reliability, but initial build quality seems very good -- no initial problems. I live in San Diego so bought the 2WD, hoping to save some weight/gas. We'll see how it goes. So far, really happy with how it drives.

Great
By TKTKTOM on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The drive is not harsh or truck like, much better than I expected having riden in earlier model jeeps. Also the total construction is solid, I can see how you could take one off road come back on the road and not finding rattles all over the vehicle from the bouncing. It's really put together tight.

Happy Jeep Owner
By Kori-j on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The body is rugged. The interior of the Jeep Liberty Limited is comfortable, but can be a little small for anyone over 5'10". It offers power heated seats as well as heated side view mirrors and engine block.

fun new suv
By qshort on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

overall fun to drive well priced vehicle