Used 2005 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Most Helpful|
Diesel Liberty
By hu60931

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This truck has reaffirmed my faith in diesels. The power and towing capability is reasonable and all with decent mileage. DCX needs to expand the use of diesels in their product line. With fuel prices as they are this would be a great service to the customer and the country.

Favorite Features

Towing capability.

Suggested Improvements

Put diesels in the Cherokee and Commander products.

regret
By sturnbull

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Never again. Nothing but trouble. Only 42,000 miles all valves replaced fuel injectors. One recall on something on front end and now the heater blower switch quit working.

Too Good for me
By Itikuo

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this with 76,000 miles. It came with all the repairs which was a recall for some ball point pivot or something. I've had for a little over a year now and nothing ever goes wrong other than not putting the gas cap on correctly and getting the light. I love how it has built in diagnostics which will save me money if/when anything does go wrong. I laughed at snow storm last winter in D.C I was pulling the Mail Truck around. Its more than I need so now I'm selling it with only 86,000 miles and nothing wrong whatsoever.

Favorite Features

2+ feet of snow and only truck on the road Good suspension for going over bumps and uneven roads. Very reliable

Suggested Improvements

Back seat comfort really needs improved. Personally I don't mind but 8 hour drive for passengers not so good. Also better fuel economy and I would be keeping this vehicle..

05 Jeep Lib Sport 2WD - Too many problems
By hate

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my '05 Jeep Liberty Sport new and for the first 2 years it ran great. After that, it's been all down hill. Since, I've spent $1,300 for a new A/C compressor, $300 for new brakes that still squeal, $2,800 for a rebuilt transmission, the CD player won't eject my CD and haven't gotten that fixed, a fuse that keeps blowing out my brake lights, a passenger side automatic window that cost $400 to fix, and now I have the rear latch that won't open that I need opened to get to the brake lights that have, once again, blown out. I'm told this will cost $500 to repair. I am FED UP with my '05 Jeep Liberty!!!!

I Love My Liberty
By chicaboricuapr

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Liberty, is comfy and reliable. Is also a gas saver. I was looking for a manula transmission SUV and I found this one. I love it. Now I'm moving to another state and I hope drive great cause I haven't been out of state with my Liberty. Also is spacious!!! I will recommended to everyone even my best friend love it.

Favorite Features

Gas Saver. Comfy. Spacious, Safe and I love where we can control the power windows.

Suggested Improvements

I have just cosmetics issues. Like my driver window broke down the motor and don't roll up so I have to remove the entire part and hold the glass with 3 screwdrivers for now. My CD player was broken cause I got it used. and the 1st owner apparently was smoker and has dogs. My back window left side stop rolling down, and do it when ever feel like it. and my A/C compressor broke down too, and with this Florida weather forget about it. But the rest is great.