2005 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Love it
By jane on 01/06/05 10:56 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Well, I've only had it for a couple of days now, but so far, it's awesome! First day of ownership, it snowed pretty good where I live and it handled great in the snow and ice. It's extremely comfortable with way more room inside then I expected from a Mid- sized SUV. My kids who are teenagers now have plenty of legroom in the back and the rear cargo space holds all that I need. We already own a Jeep Wrangler (1995) which has been more reliable then any vehicle we've ever owned and because of that, we chose the Liberty over the Sorento, Escape and Santa Fe when we test drove all of them. Very happy and I'm sure other potential buyers will be as well. It's fun...you'll love it!!!

05 Limited
By caz_mn on 01/05/05 11:34 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle. I like the size, maneuverability over other slightly larger SUVs (Envoy, Explorer) and I think the engine is a good match for the vehicle. In the Jeep forum the 4-speed auto tranny is beat up some, but I think it does a good job. It shifts quickly, and is fairly 'smart'. You can confuse it, but that seems to be true for most autos I've driven lately. The interior is well put together and looks very high end. The seats are on the very firm side, but I like that.

no more Fords
By BOB NOLAN on 01/02/05 15:33 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I just purchased a brand new 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade. I needed a 4wd as Wisconsin winters are tough. Never had a 4wd; traded off my 2001 Sport Trac 2wd that ate up front tires and ball joints - was sharp but had to go This hopefully is the answer for my wife too. I like the 70,000 power train warranty . Rebate and trade allowance was good to put me behind the wheel.

Liberty 2005 Great Driving
By Mona Furst on 01/01/05 16:47 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Very stable handling; drives as if you're in complete control of your driving. Has great lights for night driving - can see full vision with great side mirrors. We thought the Jeep dealer did a great job at explaining all about our new purchase. I think the exterior looks of this model is going to be a great seller for the baby boomers out there! Thank you.

Just took delivery today
By stewalaska on 12/31/04 20:54 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I just got back from rooting around in the Alaskan snow in my new Jeep! I gotta tell ya....this is one impressive off-roader. My Liberty is such a nice change from driving a boring vehicle. I traded a 1995 Pathfinder in on the Liberty, and also have a '01 Outback that does great in the snow, but neither can compete with this machine, especially in the deep, rough stuff. It is obviously too early to give a "real" review since it still has only 100 miles on it, but it got a breaking in this afternoon! Time will tell...

Nice Liberty
By Big D on 12/30/04 17:30 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The Jeep Liberty is comfortable, unique, quick, reliable and fun to drive. The short turning radius is great for around town and that is how it's driven mostly.

New Jeep Owner
By bennoprint on 12/27/04 19:13 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

After having only owend this vehicle for a week - I am excited to be a new Jeep owner. I just got back from taking this vehicle to Colorado and the drive was very comfortable - had great power and overall a great trip. It looks great both inside and out and has many extra's that it'a competitor lack.

Jeep Liberty
By Jack Robinson on 12/27/04 18:06 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Liberty. It is great off roading in the mountains and it gobbles up the snow. The starting feature in 4WD Low without the clutch helps on the steep trails.It turns on a shorter base than my Nissan Spec V. I do get 20 MPG but on the interstate when going above 75 it is a little thirsty. Manual transmission is a little noisy. The brakes seem to be slow pulling down at high speeds.

Good Buy!
By 452drexel on 12/27/04 15:44 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car for my wife, but was surprised that I, at 6'4", was so comfortable behind the wheel. Interior room and layout is deceptively large for a smaller vehicle. Ride quality and acceleration are also better than I expected. Overall, a well-built vehicle that will serve us well for years to come.

Finally Have My Liberty!
By Jeep Liberty Sport on 12/24/04 13:19 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love my new 2005 Liberty Sport, and the black clearcoat looks awesome!! After my saturn was totaled in an accident, I am now so grateful and fortunate to own my Jeep Liberty. I have been waiting months and doing my research, which had me stuck between the Toyota RAV4 and the Liberty, both my dad and sister have a Liberty. They are an incedibly well built SUV, that can get through any terrain. I live in a mountain area next to Lake Tahoe, where an SUV really needs to do what it claims, and hands down, the Liberty has the best 4X4 system in it's class, and looks the best too! I did not feel as safe in the RAV4, the choice was easy!!!