2005 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Jeep recommendations for improvement
By cindy reed on 08/08/05 09:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love the style, ease of handling, value for money. Diesel fuel could be cheaper and I'm not sure we are getting the fuel efficiency advertised. We only get about 420 miles per tank as of now. I believe the advertised 500 miles per tank is misleading.

Go Jeep Go
By Jeeper on 08/04/05 17:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased the Jeep for my wife about a month ago. She's put on about 1K miles; well actually, I've probably put on a few of those miles myself. We both enjoy the Jeep greatly. We actually fight over who will drive it at times. I've owned a Wrangler in the past, so I knew the off-road ability would definitely be there. The interior fit and finish is very nice (owning a Honda myself) and there are no rattles. Wish the gas mileage was better, but it's an SUV so you learn to live with it.

Very Impressed
By TonyC on 08/02/05 13:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first American car purchase in over 15 years. I was impressed with the Liberty right from the test drive. This is a fun to drive SUV, with plenty of power and refinement. This is also my first Jeep, and from the looks of it, won't be my last. I would highly recommend putting the Liberty on your shopping list if you are seeking a great little SUV. Even if you are skeptical of American made cars (like I was), give the Liberty a look, it will be well worth your time.

Jeep Liberty is fun
By Jay Reilly on 08/01/05 13:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned and I am 64. It has unique convenient controls like the radio buttons on the steering wheel. It is a ball to drive and was pleasantly surprised at the riding comfort for a smaller SUV. I would strongly recommend it to anyone on a budget.

Jeep Liberty CRD
By John on 08/01/05 12:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've only got 1000 miles on my CRD but know it's very solid and rattle free. I also love the ride -- firm; feels more like a Lexus 300 to me. I had an Escape and it was "tinny" by comparison. The Liberty quality is much better than the Escape. Turning radius is unbelievable! My diesel mileage to and from work (mixed highway and town) is 23 mpg. Looking forward to road trip this month.

Diesel Liberty
By redwolf on 07/31/05 13:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Still too new to give a thorough review but love it so far. A little concerned about the care of a diesel and want to try the biodiesel fuel. Very fun to drive and with a bad back, itÂ’s very easy to get in and out of. The CD player got very hot its first time out so not happy about that, but perhaps we played it too long? Although I don't think that should matter. My son is taller so he was not as comfortable.

Jeep owner
By jeep owner on 07/31/05 13:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Absolutely love the vehicle, so far. Bought it in July. The only thing that I haven't really enjoyed is the fact that when I filled it the first time, and calculated the miles per gallon, it was at 15. I traded a Hyundai Elantra to get it, and I am used to about 25 mpg. It definitely does take a lot of gas, but if you don't drive a lot, it's the perfect vehicle.

Drinks but it Drives
By N Anderson on 07/30/05 01:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just recently bought a limited AWD floor-room model Liberty with chrome exterior package. I would recommend the chrome exterior/interior package as it gives the Liberty a more aggressive and athletic stance and separates yours from everyone else's. Plenty of great safety features and enough places to grab onto if you need an extra boost into the Jeep. Traded in a 2001 Ford Focus for the Liberty and amazingly the insurance costs remained the same. The 3.7L engine has very little lag, but don't expect 220 horsepower to be a comet either as the Liberty is no lightweight. Great extras I recommend are the sunroof, satellite radio, Infiniti speakers, leather seats, and rear view mirror with HomeLink

Early review
By Geoff Clayton on 07/26/05 14:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

So far this diesel is light years ahead of the old style diesels. Now it's a matter of computer controls being reliable for the most part. More and more, computers are the platform that control basically well made engines. If the electronics are sound this engine will last longer than I will.

My Liberty
By Chanel on 07/25/05 18:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just got it this past week so I am still learning more about it. I really like the ride. I traded in my 2003 Mustang GT because I wanted something a bit bigger. It's kind of better on gas than the V8 was ... that's for sure!