Used 2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews - 409 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Had to review this fun inexpensive little truck
By beepjeep1

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 5th jeep went from a cj to a yj to 2 TJ's but since I got 2 kids had to get a friendlier vehicle and low and behold the liberty.
I always thought of these as chick vehicles but they are at the LOWEST end of the used SUV's and I bought a 2005 with 64Km's mint mint mint for 6500$ with 2 sets of tires from an old lady. Now 2 years later i'll review it.
This jelly bean can motor, good acceleration, decent offroad handling, moderate pulling power, and absoloutly DISGUSTING GAS MILEAGE! But meh who cares.
My unit has been reliable and maintenance free for the past 2 years, easy to park and you can load it up pretty good with gear and 2 kids.

I love the small footprint, jeep reliability and simple interior. Good cargo room, good acceleration and decent fit and finish.

Only real negatives are the seats are mounted about an inch too high, gas pedal a tad cramped with big boots on and the gas mileage is HORRID! Otherwise this jelly bean is a good used buy if your looking for an suv and don't care about the gas consumption.

Still testing
By thoughtvirus

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had 2 Jeeps in my life. My first one was a 1985 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer with the 2.8 liter V6. I loved that Jeep. So when it came time to get a new(er) vehicle, I naturally gravitated toward the Jeep. I found a 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade for sale at a local dealership. My wife and myself felling in love with it during the test drive.
We bought this vehicle 7/12/2014 and I am hoping I have a good one. I have read the reviews and they make me edgey.

I love the Renegade because, unlike the Sport or limited 2005 Liberty's, you dont have the goofy design with the hood and headlights. (The hood humps over the headlights.) I love the interior and how everything is easy to get to.

If what I read it true, then Chrysler needs to do a better quality check on their engines.

beware jeep falling apart from day one
By darlene11

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this jeep less than a year old. I have had to have the front end replaced three times within 5 years. The air conditioner breaks every single year, had the compressor replaced twice. There have been several recalls on this jeep. One of the recalls was for the windows and was only an extended warrante where you had to pay $100 to have your windows fix when they fell down and stopped working. So here I sit now with a window down and the Jeep dealer is telling me oh your too late for the extended warrante if you want your windows fixed it will be $400 a window. Well you know what I think? I think Chrysler is a junk company and should have stepped up from the beginning and fixed then

None, the interior is too small to sit anyone in back see. Passenger seat is miserable.

Chrysler needs to step up to the plate on these trucks as they are junk just waiting to crumble. I am sadly disappointed in my jeep even after all the countless repairs and two recalls that I have had done to it, it is like driving and old junk for the used cost when I bought it of $24000... I am not impressed at all and will never purchase a Chrysler product again.

Repairs
By oregon80

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4 6 Speed.
Engine Runs Great, about 15 mpg city. Only 44,500 Miles, bought new. Have already had to replace Shifter, Water pump, and Power steering Hoses. Now I'm getting a Clinking noise when I take off on a hill in 1st shifting to 2nd. It's a loud clink. Once I get going the Transmission turned out to be the A frame support on the rear axel.
runs smooth and quiet. Any Ideas.
7-13-16 Getting ready to replace the Power steering pump for the 3rd time. Have had to replace the computer. and the Radiator twice. This vehical has never been off paved roads.

Eh.
By rachel152

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Liberty for about two months now. In these past few months I have spent over $1000 in repairs. First, the rear-axle had problems, and second there was a crack in my radiator. The Liberty's gas mileage is absolutely horrid. I at least get 17 mpg hwy. The interior design of the Liberty is impressive, but the audio system is bad, too. The speakers in the car do not go loud enough. It is also very loud, getting up to 70 mph in the car is like being on a jet plane. Otherwise, does good in bad weather, and is rather stylish looking. If it weren't for all the repairs and horrid gas mileage, this car would be perfect.