2005 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
replacing great Jeep Grand Cherokee
By J King on 10/26/05 20:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love it. I hope it holds up, I think parts and service could be costly with so few sold. $25.00+ for a fuel filter?

'05 Liberty Diesel
By Barry on 10/26/05 18:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've only put a thousand miles on it so far, but the fuel mileage has been great. The 3 fill-up average is 25 MPG+, which includes town and highway driving. I've had it off-road a couple of times and it performed as well as my old CJ7.

2.8 Diesel Sport
By farout on 10/23/05 20:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The 2.8 rides more comfortable and feels more stable than the gasoline 3.7 Fuel. MPG is less than expected, but durability should be a far better than the 3.7. The 5 speed automatic is well matched with the 2.8.

Stick shift, Fun and Economical
By movingalong on 10/21/05 21:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My wife and I are in our fifties and wanted a car that we feel we are driving instead of it driving us. We chose the 6 speed and discovered that we are averaging 20 MPG. A good share of our driving is between 40 and 50 mph. It seems that with a stick you can keep the RPM's lower (w/o lugging) and still have the HP when you need it. We are now at 8000 miles and just love this car.

Jeep built to Last
By glhperformance on 10/19/05 08:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My Liberty gets 20 to 22 mpg; great handling; fun to drive.

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4
By _II_ on 10/17/05 02:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased new in early Jan. 30k miles later Jeep went to dealership only once for mud blockage in condenser (not under warranty). Air vents do not close, window switches located on middle console. Other than that, it's of great quality. No problems at all, except there could be improvements on minor details.

2005 Limited
By richard on 10/13/05 23:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I use this Jeep both on and off road. Superior to my Forester especially in mud. Gets 23 hwy and 18 city. So far at 20k no problems, ride is good and I can pull a horse trailer with it.

2005 CRD Liberty
By Pete Josenhans on 10/12/05 17:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The outstanding engineering behind the new CRD engine qualifies as such a joy. And I am here to tell you that this engine blows away (no pun intended) all the myths and conventional thinking that we have come to associate with diesel engines over the years. With no visible smoke, no apparent diesel smell and a whisper quiet engine sound at highway speeds, this vehicle actually out-ran many gas engine vehicles in the mountains of California, Oregon and Washington on a recent trip. At one gas station, a trucker even walked up to my son and unwittingly said: “Excuse me son, but do you know that you’re putting diesel fuel into that Jeep?” No one seems to know about next gen diesel technology.

Very nice JEEP!
By Joey on 10/11/05 20:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Jeep & I love it! Got the Limited, V6 with the leather, sunroof, heated seats & mirrors, 6 CD changer with Infinity speakers. The power is adequate for its class and has a lot of "get up and go!" I wish it was better at the pump ... only about 15-6 MPG. I'm 6'1"/240# and I have plenty of leg room in the front; the back is a bit tight for me. It's fun to drive and handles very well. Recently took it on a long road trip, and it's very comfortable and a smooth ride (It does get some wind noise). I was going to purchase foreign, but with the rebates and all that I got with this, I went with American.

Jeep Liberty CRD rocks
By jfelty on 10/03/05 18:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Now have 8,800 miles on CRD and I am averaging 26.8 mpg on trips at 65-70 mph. I do get almost 500 miles to a tank of fuel. Test drove the 3.7L gas engine and didn't care for the feel. The CRD is fun to drive and has loads of torque for highway cruising. Buy the CRD; the diesel is fun and gets the MPG that they advertise. Diesels require break in of several thousands of miles to get best MPG.