2005 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Love my Liberty!
By jts14 on 02/11/12 19:16 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Even though I have only had my Jeep Liberty for about 2 months, I already love it. I have a red 4x4 Sport with a 6 speed auto and the FAST, yes, i mean fast, 3.7L V6. You can easily pass 90 if you aren't careful! Interior is a bit bland but overall is comfortable and functional. Front seats are almost couch like but still offer enough support for long trips. Love the split trunk door. As for gas mileage, its no prius, but I still get about 18 combined, more than you can say for most SUV's. Almost forgot- you can't have the full jeep experience with out having some fun in the snow, and this sporty and rugged SUV doesn't disappoint. The AWD works effortlessly to plow through any pile of snow.

LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT?
By Topherious on 10/10/09 23:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I really enjoy this vehicle. I had previously owned a Ford Explorer Sport, and in Comparison I might have as well owned a Small car. This jeep has more towing capacity, better off road capabilities, and is superior in luxury. Heated seats, 5 disk CD changer, The list goes on and on.

Back Luck w/ Miss Liberty
By Jeep Lemon on 06/14/06 14:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I previously owned a Wrangler, followed by a full size truck, to now owning the Liberty. I thought it was cool looking when I bought it, and the test drive wasn't so bad. Within 1 week i had major problems. The main one being that the steering is really tight, almost feels like I don't have power steering. I've been back and forth to the dealers who have yet to fix it. I've talked to other Liberty owners who had similar problems. The steering makes it hard to control the car, and makes the ride uncomfortable, as well as makes it feel unsafe. Very disappointed with this car and can't wait to get rid of it. Nothing but problems. Looks wise, and off-road capabilities - it's a decent lil' SUV.

First Jeep Ever Bought
By Nick on 01/17/06 08:23 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

So far so good. Very surprised on the recall issued, but service was tops!

Renegade
By Bob on 09/06/05 16:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

You have to get used to the new engine/transmission combo. These are now designed so there is no engine drag. In other words if you are on the highway and take your foot off of the gas pedal the vehicle will continue to roll with no drag by the engine. Also when on an incline, stopped, when taking foot off gas to go to the brake the vehicle will roll on you. There is no engine "hold." It takes a bit of getting used to.

Jeep
By linda landis on 09/04/05 10:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to drive, with all the features of a SUV as far as space with the fun of an off road vehicle. Great towing capacity, 5000lbs. I love it.

Jeep Liberty
By Crystal on 08/26/05 11:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Jeep Liberty although it sucks gas at a time when gas is outrageous. I wish it had a left foot rest and that the power windows were on the door but I love the comfort and maneuverability of the Liberty.

I love my Jeep Liberty!
By Melanie on 06/16/05 19:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great vehicle. It's not as big as other SUV's. Perfect for a small family. I know in a couples of years I will be trading it in on another one.

Renegade Fun!
By blacksheep on 06/16/05 14:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Jeep for 5 months and I love it. Gas mileage stinks but it is a very reliable off-roading vehicle. I love the light bar on top. It turns the woods into daylight at night.

Fun Ride
By NFM on 06/14/05 00:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I loved the look of the Liberty Renegade vs the Sport and Limited. Stick with the V6, I find it to have better pick-up. Best way to go on this vehicle is when its fully loaded. Only mistake I made was getting it in black since it looks like its always dirty (but hey its a Jeep right? That's what gives it its character!) Very comfortable ride on pavement.