2005 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
I Love My Liberty
By chicaboricuapr on 06/08/13 13:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Liberty, is comfy and reliable. Is also a gas saver. I was looking for a manula transmission SUV and I found this one. I love it. Now I'm moving to another state and I hope drive great cause I haven't been out of state with my Liberty. Also is spacious!!! I will recommended to everyone even my best friend love it.

Watch out for your engine!
By hollinsiam on 05/07/13 14:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty Sport. It has given me minor problems since I purchased in 2005. I only have 87000 miles on it and I need to have a cylinder replaced. I was told not to put another penny into it unless I wanted to replace the engine. My mechanic says he has seen this on several Libertys. I have kept up with its maintenance and given it the TLC that it needs - well I thought I did. What a rip off! No more Jeeps for me!

Planned Obsolescence or Malfunction??
By gwent on 03/29/10 12:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

For 5 years I had no issues with my 2005 Jeep Liberty nor prior warning until it's transmission DIED in the middle of I205 @60 mph, fortunately, no one was hurt. Believe it or not, only 75k miles and the transmission died? 5k out of warranty and Daimler Chrysler rejected my plea for help due to lack of regular maintenance? I did my oil change, brakes, tires, but what does it have anything to do with transmission? I did my transmission, differential oil @32k and was planning for another service when it DIED on me. What else do I need to do? I understand that it is out of warranty but what about customer dedication, stand by your product, and good-will? no plan to purchase a 3rd Jeep NOT EVER

Unreliable
By Pat Rogge on 12/23/09 09:03 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My Liberty 2005 has proved to be the most unreliable vehicle I've ever had. The first year, the engine had to be removed twice to replace valves, then had problems with transfer case. Then, the rear-end differentials had to be replaced...not once, not twice, not three times, but "four" times. The first three times it was covered by warranty, but not the fourth time. I approached Chrysler for a replacement vehicle, but to no avail. Chrysler is ignoring these problems, indicating they can do nothing. I am definitely stuck with a lemon. Am waiting for the rear-end differential to go out again...which it surely will. What do I do? Sell this piece of junk to some poor unsuspecting buyer

I can live with it
By Dawnlark on 11/12/09 11:39 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Drives beautiful. Never had a mechanical problem with it, but very uncomfortable. I was hoping I would love it as much as I did my old Cherokee, but it doesn't compare.

Great Jeep
By Mark on 08/29/09 21:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought new in 8/05 and have 70,000 miles by 8/09. Simply I have had no problems with this vehicle. The only work has been one recall and regular maintenance. The a/c works great, the transmission shifts tight and smooth and I've been getting 21mpg mixed city and highway. I like the heavy solid feel and great visibility. I have not taken the Liberty off road much but when I have it has performed well. Overall I could not ask for better.

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 2WD
By rich9294 on 06/19/09 02:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my Liberty in December of 2004. I had no problems, until year 5. In the last year, the transmission has had two repairs, the left rear window broke on vacation(the glass did not go backup), and there has been one recall. My extended warranty is about to expire, and I am left wondering what will break next when I have to pay the full amount of the repair. Also, town mileage is real, real bad, around 15 mpg. I can usually get 22 to 24 mpg on the road if I drive 65 mph. If I were to assign a letter grade to my Jeep, it would receive a D. I will not purchase another Jeep or Chrysler product, ever again.

Fun, Small but Stains won't come out!
By Whopper on 07/24/08 19:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I wanted a Jeep Liberty for a couple years before I finally bought one! I traded in my Honda Civic when I became pregnant, thinking it would provide more much needed room! It didn't! Very little room for any passengers once you get a car seat in there! And the seats stain EASILY from anything! Especially any kind of liquid! If your drink sweats, don't let it touch the seat! The stains look horrible and nothing gets them out!!!

Fun but too small for my growing family!
By Memphis slim on 03/20/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've had no issues with this Jeep. Just routine maintenance and oil changes. It's fun to drive and has good power. I'm 6'5" and the sets are uncomfortable for me. When I ride shotgun, my knees hit the handle/dash area. My wife says the same thing and she is 5'7". We take long trips (8 hrs) and it drives great but is hvery uncomfortable. We're trading it in since we'll be having baby #2 soon. This was fine for 1 baby but not 2 kids. Too cramped and there'll be no room left when traveling. Also don't spill liquids on the seats b/c the stains will not come out! I've tried everything and all detail shops say this fabric is hard to clean.

15 MPG
By turblediesel on 03/08/07 11:46 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Great torque, fun to drive, BADLY put together, Horrible dealerships and awful service, 15 mpg, engine mount design causes really bad huge vibration at temps below twenty degrees below zero. Warranty is meaningless. FIFTEEN MPG. Horrible, horrible - run screaming into the night and buy a Toyota.

1 2 3 4 5 next »