Used 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Liberty

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Kermit the Jeep
By Donna Heath

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Runs very well, gas consumption a little low. Handles like a car not a truck, new brakes front and back, four wheel drive fantastic, a little small for a large family. Very comfortable seating, leg room could be better in back. Tow bar added as a result of recall for safety reasons, cargo space a little small for large family shopping. All in all this Jeep is a wonderful SUV but because our family is getting bigger we need a larger vehicle. Whom ever ends up with him is extremely lucky. Keeps us safe.

beware jeep falling apart from day one
By darlene11

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this jeep less than a year old. I have had to have the front end replaced three times within 5 years. The air conditioner breaks every single year, had the compressor replaced twice. There have been several recalls on this jeep. One of the recalls was for the windows and was only an extended warrante where you had to pay $100 to have your windows fix when they fell down and stopped working. So here I sit now with a window down and the Jeep dealer is telling me oh your too late for the extended warrante if you want your windows fixed it will be $400 a window. Well you know what I think? I think Chrysler is a junk company and should have stepped up from the beginning and fixed then

None, the interior is too small to sit anyone in back see. Passenger seat is miserable.

Chrysler needs to step up to the plate on these trucks as they are junk just waiting to crumble. I am sadly disappointed in my jeep even after all the countless repairs and two recalls that I have had done to it, it is like driving and old junk for the used cost when I bought it of $24000... I am not impressed at all and will never purchase a Chrysler product again.

Eh.
By rachel152

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Liberty for about two months now. In these past few months I have spent over $1000 in repairs. First, the rear-axle had problems, and second there was a crack in my radiator. The Liberty's gas mileage is absolutely horrid. I at least get 17 mpg hwy. The interior design of the Liberty is impressive, but the audio system is bad, too. The speakers in the car do not go loud enough. It is also very loud, getting up to 70 mph in the car is like being on a jet plane. Otherwise, does good in bad weather, and is rather stylish looking. If it weren't for all the repairs and horrid gas mileage, this car would be perfect.

RUN AWAY!!!
By sevance83

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Let me start by saying I am a JEEP fanatic! I have owned 2 Wranglers, 2 Cherokees, and 2 Libertys...SO I have nothing against Jeep but I will NEVER buy another Liberty and I will NEVER recommend this vehicle to my friends or family!! I purchased my last Jeep Liberty used after rolling my first Liberty and this was a huge mistake. These vehicles are very top heavy and the steering is very touchy making it easy to lose control. Also the lower control arms in the front and rear were made very poorly and may snap without any warning causing complete loss of control!! Gas mileage sucks for such a small SUV too and interior is very cramped.

4x4 worked good.

Make sure lower control arms and ball joints in front and rear have been replaced by Jeep with Mopar parts and nothing aftermarket or you will be spending a fortune to fix yourself OR drive at your own risk!!

Don't Buy a Jeep Liberty!!
By harryr4

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We have had numerous major mechanical breakdowns on our Jeep Liberty resulting in thousands of dollars in repairs. Just had to have the transmission fixed for almost $3000. Check it out, it happens all the time on these vehicles. Don't buy one!!