2005 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Had to review this fun inexpensive little truck
By beepjeep1 on 08/14/14 06:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 5th jeep went from a cj to a yj to 2 TJ's but since I got 2 kids had to get a friendlier vehicle and low and behold the liberty. I always thought of these as chick vehicles but they are at the LOWEST end of the used SUV's and I bought a 2005 with 64Km's mint mint mint for 6500$ with 2 sets of tires from an old lady. Now 2 years later i'll review it. This jelly bean can motor, good acceleration, decent offroad handling, moderate pulling power, and absoloutly DISGUSTING GAS MILEAGE! But meh who cares. My unit has been reliable and maintenance free for the past 2 years, easy to park and you can load it up pretty good with gear and 2 kids.

Think twice about buying Jeep Liberty Diesel.
By antijeepster on 05/09/12 11:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD with 31,000 miles on it, two years ago. Since I bought it, I have had nothing but problems. Have had to replace the water/fuel seperator twice and the alternator once. Turbo blew at 49,000 miles and again at 80,000. Have had all the work done at the Jeep dealership I brought it from. After the second turbo was replaced had to bring it back twice to get hoses inside the turbo replaced. That was another $1000 on top of the cost of the turbo ($5,500) each time. Three weeks after I got it back from the dealer the motor blew. Chrysler and Dealership are blaming one another and refusing to help. If you are looking for reliablity and value, look elsewhere.

05 Jeep Lib Sport 2WD - Too many problems
By hate on 03/16/12 08:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my '05 Jeep Liberty Sport new and for the first 2 years it ran great. After that, it's been all down hill. Since, I've spent $1,300 for a new A/C compressor, $300 for new brakes that still squeal, $2,800 for a rebuilt transmission, the CD player won't eject my CD and haven't gotten that fixed, a fuse that keeps blowing out my brake lights, a passenger side automatic window that cost $400 to fix, and now I have the rear latch that won't open that I need opened to get to the brake lights that have, once again, blown out. I'm told this will cost $500 to repair. I am FED UP with my '05 Jeep Liberty!!!!

Not a good buy!
By jenniferb8700 on 10/25/11 13:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Happy when we purchased our Liberty in 2005 but since then, we've had to have the transmission rebuilt and u-joints replaced. The gas mileage is pitiful, too.

Liberty Lemon
By Rob on 12/14/09 08:24 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has had so much replaced on it that its hard to tell whats original. Both front control arms, all brake components (twice), radio, Hub- locks. This is a vehicle that has been babied since day one and never misses a service appointment. From a reliability stand point, this vehicle is a disaster. All of this before 60K miles....I don't know what we're going to do when the warranty is up.

regret
By sturnbull on 11/23/08 03:09 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Never again. Nothing but trouble. Only 42,000 miles all valves replaced fuel injectors. One recall on something on front end and now the heater blower switch quit working.

not happy with Chrysler product.
By Ouellette, Norman J. on 10/26/06 09:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Nice looking,decent ride, poor mileage 16.6mpg over 17 months. Very loud engine; not at all happy with this product. First time Chrysler owner will not purchase another ever again. May be good off road?

No more Jeeps for me!
By Bard123 on 09/08/06 05:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I will NOT purchase another Jeep Liberty - NO WAY. Cruise control is terrible (+/- 5 mph!), seats are extremely uncomfortable, engine is under powered, and gas mileage is 16 - 19 mpg.

Outstanding!
By Glenn on 07/31/06 19:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had a Cherokee and a Wrangler, but this Liberty Limited has blown me away. The ride is quiet, the power is just right, the luxury on my Limited is more than I've ever had but I certainly appreciate it. I find the size just about right. My preference is for compact SUV's but I've grown into this one. Highway noise is minimal and ride is confident. This thing is better in the snow (New England) than the Cherokee or Wrangler were. I have zero complaints. Even the horn button in the steering wheel is perfectly placed.

It's Ok
By Look around on 03/20/06 08:23 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle has been in the shop quite a few times almost from date of purchase. Key wouldn't come out of the ignition? Factory radio replaced three times, window rattle, mirror separating from a pillar causing a loud whistle after 45mph. The ride is fun but gas is expensive so it turns into a from A to B vehicle. Average 16-17 in town and 18-22 on the highway. Don't use the AC or it could be worse. Not much space either. If you want an SUV buy something else. Some wagons have more room. Jeep hasn't been the most supportive either.

1 2 3 4 5 next »