Used 2005 Jeep Liberty Sport Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Liberty

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Super Car
By Dennis

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My Jeep Liberty is probably the best car I've ever had. The only maintenance is normal wear and tear items. Being a four wheel drive you expect maintenance on the drive shafts and u joints. I have maintained a very strict oil change regimen and use only synthetic oil. Over a 100K and it doesn't use a drop of oil. Great for off-roading and deep snow. In winter I use studded snow tires and the traction an control is unbelievable. Just had it in for routine maintenance and got lots of comments on its premium condition. No rust on the body which is amazing.

I Love My Liberty
By chicaboricuapr

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Liberty, is comfy and reliable. Is also a gas saver. I was looking for a manula transmission SUV and I found this one. I love it. Now I'm moving to another state and I hope drive great cause I haven't been out of state with my Liberty. Also is spacious!!! I will recommended to everyone even my best friend love it.

Gas Saver. Comfy. Spacious, Safe and I love where we can control the power windows.

I have just cosmetics issues. Like my driver window broke down the motor and don't roll up so I have to remove the entire part and hold the glass with 3 screwdrivers for now. My CD player was broken cause I got it used. and the 1st owner apparently was smoker and has dogs. My back window left side stop rolling down, and do it when ever feel like it. and my A/C compressor broke down too, and with this Florida weather forget about it. But the rest is great.

Watch out for your engine!
By hollinsiam

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty Sport. It has given me minor problems since I purchased in 2005. I only have 87000 miles on it and I need to have a cylinder replaced. I was told not to put another penny into it unless I wanted to replace the engine. My mechanic says he has seen this on several Libertys. I have kept up with its maintenance and given it the TLC that it needs - well I thought I did. What a rip off! No more Jeeps for me!

Planned Obsolescence or Malfunction??
By gwent

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

For 5 years I had no issues with my 2005 Jeep Liberty nor prior warning until it's transmission DIED in the middle of I205 @60 mph, fortunately, no one was hurt. Believe it or not, only 75k miles and the transmission died? 5k out of warranty and Daimler Chrysler rejected my plea for help due to lack of regular maintenance? I did my oil change, brakes, tires, but what does it have anything to do with transmission? I did my transmission, differential oil @32k and was planning for another service when it DIED on me. What else do I need to do? I understand that it is out of warranty but what about customer dedication, stand by your product, and good-will? no plan to purchase a 3rd Jeep NOT EVER

I used to love everything about Jeep but NO MORE!

No suggestions since I don't want to deal with Jeep at all.

Unreliable
By Pat Rogge

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My Liberty 2005 has proved to be the most unreliable vehicle I've ever had. The first year, the engine had to be removed twice to replace valves, then had problems with transfer case. Then, the rear-end differentials had to be replaced...not once, not twice, not three times, but "four" times. The first three times it was covered by warranty, but not the fourth time. I approached Chrysler for a replacement vehicle, but to no avail. Chrysler is ignoring these problems, indicating they can do nothing. I am definitely stuck with a lemon. Am waiting for the rear-end differential to go out again...which it surely will. What do I do? Sell this piece of junk to some poor unsuspecting buyer