I hope this car lasts forever!
By GEF on
2004 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
I love this thing. I want it to last forever. I have zero complaints after almost 6 years of ownership. Edmunds.com helped me make the decision to buy so I thought I'd finally come back and pay it forward. I will say, I've had to replace parts that I haven't seen die out so early in other cars. I've replaced the part that keeps your windows up. I've replaced both front speakers. I've replaced my belts and hoses. I've replaced my battery a few times. Still, at the end of the day, my Liberty Limited is holding up quite nicely and no matter what car I end up renting or trying out, I always find myself more comfortable in the Jeep.
Favorite Features
The best feature on this one is the tire pressure monitor. I live in Arizona and a blown tire is something I'd like to avoid. 2nd best has to be the height and wheel radius. It's very easy to drive. 3rd is the trusty radio. Excellent speaker sound.
Suggested Improvements
They've discontinued this body type, and the new one does not appeal to me at all. But I would say that Jeep should A) use heartier parts - less plastic please, and B) Give us more pearl color options.