Great vehicle!
By Jwater04 on
2004 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this Jeep two months ago. Within a week I noticed the transmission slipping, rear-end popping and the wheel bearings making noise. As the second owner, I transferred the warranty and the dealership replaced the transmission and fixed the rest of it with 45,000 miles. I thought I made a mistake but now that its fixed, its doing great and I love it. It really is as capable as my wrangler I traded and I can actually use it during the week. Not just let it sit at home as just a weekend toy. Mine is an automatic and I usually let it shift about 2500rpms which takes off pretty good and doesn't get left in the dust completely. I also do alot of city driving and this gets me about 18-20mpg
Favorite Features
Gas mileage. I have always drove full size 4wd trucks and this Jeep is just as capable as them and it gets almost 20mpg. I used to get 10-12mpg on my other trucks so to me 20mpg on a 4wd is good.
Suggested Improvements
A little bit better take off speed. I don't like to run it up over 3000rpms and in order to take off and really keep up with other vehicles you have to do that but it's not a real big problem. I couldn't be happier with the Liberty.