2004 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
First Jeep
By Frank on 01/14/06 20:39 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Not bad, going on my 3rd year with it and still no problems. Lots of power, goes well in the snow. My next vehicle - will be another Jeep.

UNCOMFORTABLE!
By traci on 01/03/06 10:17 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am not a large person; however, the Jeep Liberty makes me feel like I am in a Barbie toy car. The seat is so small -- a friend that is 6'3 and 181 lbs finds it very uncomfortable as well. I like the bells and whistles. The ability to drive through high water is fantastic in hurricane ravaged areas. But, my bum is always numb after only 20 minutes of driving!

Improvements Needed
By John Palma on 11/30/05 22:10 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I find that the Jeep Liberty is a solid reliable vehicle. Fit & finish is of high quality. Excellent driving manners,with plenty of power. The 3.7 engine performs beautifully. However the drawback to the Liberty is that the driver seat doesn't have enough cushion. The interior lighting is very poor. Engine can be loud when you accelerate. It's a Jeep, and I mean it does have a rough side to it. I have to say in the snow there is no other vehicle I would rather be in. It's a blast to drive when snow starts to fly. Would I purchase another Jeep? I would consider it. I would look at the fuel consumption to determine if it would be worth my while. Aside from that I would say yes, I'm am pleased with it.

Great
By Frank on 11/19/05 18:20 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

First Jeep since the Army, great in the snow in PA and holds its own on interstates. I think I'll keep it and will most likely buy another.

Hawaiian4x4
By TommyA808 on 10/11/05 22:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm averaging almost 23MPG (sometimes over!) and am pleased with the engine power, quality of exterior & interior appointments. I HATE the power window buttons on the center front of the console compartment (almost like an afterthought); on the doors would be much better! At just over 14k with no problems and varied use, I'm pleased with "Herbie". Nice style, comfortable ride & drive below 70MPH, steady & predictable in 4WD as expected from a Jeep. Yes, I'd likely buy another one ... a CRD next time!

Shifty Transmission '04 Liberty
By Richard Pace on 09/30/05 08:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Transmission always thumped shifting from 1st to 2nd. At 29,000 transmission failed and had to be replaced. Dealer support was great. At 30,000 the brakes are making noises. Transmission is starting to thump from 1st to 2nd again.

Sluggish and Jerky
By jjbigs on 07/21/05 23:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love the look but hate the performance. At slow speeds it lurches when you step on the gas. Climbing and hill in goes to a higher gear instead of downshifting. At all other times, it is fun to drive and very comfortable. Looks good on the road. Even with the sound upgrade, the stereo is poor.

Our '04 Liberty (Libo)
By Randy on 05/31/05 22:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Columbia Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

On Sunday May 30, 2005 after 4 days of online research I found the Jeep Liberty. I thought it would work for our situation. I test drove an '05 Sport on May 29. It was a basic model and those seats were flat and hard. Not to mention the price without 4WD or option even with discounts and low interest & incentives. I continued my research. I found an '04 Liberty, Columbia edition 4WD on an internet special & $10K less than a new one and it only had 12,900 miles. It was put in service March '04 and traded in on May 5th of '05. Lucky me. I walked out the door with the Libo for $17,000, warranties and ttl included. Shop the internet the deals are out there. We luv the Libo.

Total Package
By Rhino on 03/13/05 12:02 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

1 year owner and 12,000 miles later. Everything works well with the exception of a transmission noise and a loud thump that comes from the rear when the automatic tranny shifts from 1st to 2nd. Dealer says the tranny noise is "normal" -- funny it was not "normal" when I purchased it.

Great Ride
By Pat on 02/24/05 10:14 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Rocky Mountain 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Solid SUV with great acceleration. Handles GREAT in a foot of snow.