2004 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
JEEP SHAME
By rhino6 on 04/16/06 09:30 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Lacks power acceleration as a result of hesitation problem. Computer software updated without resolution. Clunking and popping noise from rearend. Excessive engine noise. Transmission shifts are harsh and abrupt at best. Solenoid noise when stopping or shifting the auto select lever. Chrome wheels are cheap plastic.

Liberty Brakes Danger
By exjeep21 on 04/07/06 18:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I brought my third Jeep, a Liberty, in February, 2004. I now have 28,000 miles on it and the rear brake calipers locked and I had to have it fixed somewhere other than the dealer. The wheels were smoking and all they could say is that repairs are only at the dealer. I will never buy another. They just don't care!

Great Jeep
By Jeff on 03/21/06 19:30 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

One of the main things that sold me on the Jeep Liberty over other similar vehicles was the fit & finish and build quality. No rattles, squeaks, or anything. Very solidly built. More so than many higher priced cars. It is also a great buy as it has many standard features, a powerful 3.7L engine which actually sounds like it has power, and a nice look.

Riley
By Kathy on 03/19/06 17:45 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Columbia Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Town driving - also road trips of 200 miles one way. All maintenance has been done at the dealership of purchase. Oil changes every 2000 miles. Tires rotated and balanced every 10,000. Garaged. Bathed and waxed regularly.

dependable, fun to drive
By daveh on 03/17/06 20:54 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is now the 3rd Jeep I've owned (Wrangler, Cherokee, now Liberty) and I have to say it's the best of the bunch. I manage to average 20.5 mpg which isn't great but it isn't all that bad either. I have the full time 4WD option which is very nice, especially in the rain.

Great ride
By lady_reyna619 on 03/10/06 09:50 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy being higher off the ground. Very fun & comfortable to drive. I live in an area with poor road conditions. so it's less bumpy. Costs a lot in gas. Love the V6 -- great for the highway. Helped a lot when I was moving.

Very Satisfied
By plocke on 02/23/06 16:53 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I drive about 80 miles a day to and from work. Even driving 70 MPH to and from work, I average 19 MPG. I have taken it offroad (mostly on hard and soft packed roads) in southern Utah and it performs very well. I wished the rear seats folded flat (as in the PT Cruiser). Only real complaint: lack of cubby holes to store odds and ends. I did replace the tires within 200 miles of new with a slightly larger set.

Liberty
By sparkn1855 on 02/23/06 16:26 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is fun to drive and handles well. I haven't had any mechanical problems with it. The fuel economy is a disappointment. I usually get between 15-18 mpg. The interior is very cramped and not meant for anyone with more than one child.

FUN SUV
By oc47d on 02/10/06 19:56 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is well built and sturdy. Very dependable and good looking for a smaller SUV. Nice for traveling with a small family or just going on a camping trip in the mountains. This vehicle is one of the better SUV's on the market.

Driving for the fun of it
By Tom Purcell on 01/25/06 17:54 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed driving my 2004 Jeep Liberty more than any automobile I have owned. It handles well and has just the right power with the 3.7. The only thing is fuel consumption. Not very good on mileage city or highway.