2004 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
2+ yrs in the Lib
By Steve on 08/09/06 13:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Columbia Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Very reliable SUV. I put 45k on it and tires are still in good condition. Have had 0 problems. It will get 21mpg highway but in mixed driving I get about 17.5. This SUV handles turns very well, much better than the Xterra. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a relatively cheap, reliable vehicle with 4 wheel drive.

Great buy for the money
By Sarah on 08/09/06 10:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Jeep Liberty for just over two years and have never had a problem with it. This is my fourth Jeep, and with my Liberty, I have not run into some of the problems I had with prior ones. There was one window leak recall, but other than that, it has been smooth sailing. There are some great features with the Jeep, and I especially love the responsive handling and added features. It's fun to drive and very safe feeling. It's comfortable from the front seat or back and has good cargo room if you aren't trying to bring home large furniture or more than one stroller. All I've ever done is routine maintenance, no other break-downs or problems!

Great SUV
By The Jeep on 08/03/06 08:38 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned mine for just over a month, and I am stunned at how much I love this truck. Looks great and rides great. Love the Atlantic Blue. So far a great reliable perfectly sized truck for my family needs.

Jeeps are Super Nice SUVs
By JeepGurl on 07/19/06 21:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My Jeep Liberty has been a fantastic vehicle for work, road trips, and off-roading!

Jeep
By jimR on 07/10/06 09:22 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a slightly used 4wd/4cylinder Sport a year ago with only 4,000 miles on it. The 4 cylinder engine needs to be bolstered a bit to handle the weight of this vehicle. It is very sluggish without much power. Thankfully, I have a 5 speed which helps acceleration. Other than that, it is a great vehicle. Very secure feeling; lots of style both inside and out. Seats are a bit hard and there aren't enough cubby holes to store things, not even an ashtray for loose change! I haven't had any troubles mechanically yet. I really like the ruggedness and it's great for increasing the testosterone levels! Great sound system; very good vision while driving--few blind spots.

Excellent Car
By ybbag1 on 06/28/06 08:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Despite poor gas mileage I would buy this car in an instant again. It is extremely comfortable and fun to drive. The steering wheel radio controls and heated seats make it an extra nice drive! The information panel makes me feel safe and updated on what's going on with the car, problems or needed maintenance.

Big disappointment
By Rick on 05/25/06 19:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The rear hatch latch had to be repaired 3 separate time. Now the A/C compressor clutch has gone out after only 40,000 miles. After markets don't even carry the part because they said it should not have failed already. Jeep customer service has been no help in either case. I won't buy another DaimlerChrysler product based on how they treat their customers. Two wheel drive in the snow is terrible. The windows make an awful noise when all are down, it sounds like a helicopter inside the Jeep. The luggage rack makes a whistling sound when crossbars are on. Exterior is a poor design and interior does not have enough room.

My JEEP Liberty Sport
By Micah on 05/17/06 16:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My Jeep Liberty has been a great vehicle. The overall exterior design is very sleek I think. The interior is very comfortable. It handles great with six cylinders and 4X4. Its a very fun vehicle to drive on the highway or offroad!

The "Just-Right-Mobile"
By Al Jr on 05/03/06 13:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

All I can say is that this vehicle was a splendid surprise. I went from 95 Cirrus to a 98 Astro (Great) to this cute little Liberty. I bought it used with 4000 miles. It immediately had some serious vibration and lurching (it was fine on test drive) and took it back the first day and they gave me a nice loaner and promised to resolve it in a timely manner. They showed me what they replaced and why (all brake associated). They were professional, made sure I had my registration plates (no paper tag!), full tank, and a letter of apology for the problem with a coupon for free oil changes. OUTSTANDING. Factory defect on the bumper, repaired with new bumper and paint.

Not Pleased
By BT on 04/28/06 07:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Front ball joints went bad causing excessive wear on new (expensive!) tires, power steering / crank case problems, split hoses, calipers locking up and wearing new brake pads down - black, sooty substance all over hubcaps from brake pad burn. Transmission (auto) sometimes slams into gear unexpectedly during stop & start traffic situations.