Used 2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Look Mom, a real SUV.
By rv

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

There are only 3 or four 'true' SUVs on this site that have actually *earned* the classification -- two of which are Jeeps. If you want a car, buy a car. If you want a truck, buy a truck. If you want an SUV, buy a Jeep.

Hella fun to drive. Best riding true SUV I've driven -- with a notable nod to selected Landrovers.) Looks cool once you ditch the pathetic stock Civic tires and wheels and buy something with some grit.

Better fuel economy, more legroom for 6'5"+ drivers, Larger wheel wells for better articulation, and more clearance.

Jeep Liberty is Great
By jwq13

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The Jeep Liberty is fun to drive and is a practical vehicle. It is small enough to fit in any parking space, yet it is roomy enough to carry many items. The gas mileage could be better, but it is what you would expect in a vehicle that has a high profile. It has excellent acceleration. James

I feel Safe!
By mom's jeep

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving my Jeep! There are a few flaws,but,there is with everything. I'll cope. Reliable in the New England weather!

I can go out in a snowstorm and make it home safely!

Gas mileage needs to be improved. I don't know how people afford Hummers! Let every Jeep have a trail-rated Badge!

Fun
By Jermyn

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I still love this Jeep. The only problem I have had is the rear glass switch shorted out. I drive this thing hard so I only get about 17 to 20 mpg. I still tell people if they want a great little suv buy a liberty.

I have just about everything you can get on a Liberty. I enjoy the steering wheel radio controls. I bought it with the P235/65R17 HP tires and this thing corners like a sports car. This winter this thing blew right threw the snow.

This is hard. I guess better gas mileage?

Loving It!
By LINDA

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

My experience with this vehicle started with being treated with respect by the dealership. I was treated well, and walked away with everything I wanted for the price I needed. Knowing you got a great deal helps you to enjoy your vehicle, which I absolutely love. The only feature I am not thrilled with is the gas mileage due to the fact that I commute quite a distance each day to work and gas prices are at an all time high.

I love the sporty look of the exterior and the beautiful brushed chrome interior.

Gas mileage!