2004 Jeep Liberty Consumer Review: 2004 Liberty Columbia Edition

2004 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Review

2004 Jeep Liberty

Columbia Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

2004 Liberty Columbia Edition V6 4WD
By RCC on

2004 Jeep Liberty Columbia Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Got it new. After almost 6 years and 80000 miles I still love this thing. It's a "trucklet", not a flimsy crossover and it's the best Jeep I've had out of 2 CJ's and a Grand Cherokee. I've replaced the crank position sensor, the crappy Goodyear tires, air filter, brakes and heater fan switch. I change the oil at 5000 miles and have never touched the front end. I wash it by hand regularly and wax it twice a year. It still looks, works and feels like new. It has part time 4WD, 3.73 axle with Trac Loc and since I put mud/snow tires on it, I hardly ever need 4WD, although my highway MPG dropped from 22 to 20. It's a cute, nimble, tough, fun little beast and I intend to drive into the ground.

Smooth, quiet ride. Torquey truck based V6. Heavy duty everything from drive train to body panels to interior fabric. Full size, outside spare tire on matching aluminum wheel.

A 5 or 6 speed automatic would be nice. The power door locks should have an auto unlock as well as auto lock feature. A heavier metal or composite oil pan; it's getting very rusty and will be expensive to replace.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review