Used 2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

2004 Liberty Renegade
By Michael F. McCarthy

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I decided upon retirement that we didn't need the big, thirsty V-8 or space of our Grand Cherokee. But we like Jeeps so we reluctantly sold the GC to our son and leased the Liberty Renegade. We have never regretted that decision. It is spunky, fun to drive, and everyone asks about the lights on the roof. It stands out in a crowd. It is almost time to turn it in so we are going to start looking at colors and features early. My daughter liked it so much she traded her Grand Cherokee for a 2006 Liberty Limited. That has all the bells and whistles and is really very nice.

Favorite Features

It is easy to drive, all the buttons and controls are in reach for both my wife and me. Great sound system. We are very happy with the performance of the 3.7 liter V-6. The mileage isn't what I would like it to be, but it is as advertised.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe link the 3.7 to the new 6 speed transmission that is showing up in the Nitro. That could kick the mileage up.

Great
By Frank

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

First Jeep since the Army, great in the snow in PA and holds its own on interstates. I think I'll keep it and will most likely buy another.

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive.

Suggested Improvements

More storage room and better gas.

Liberty
By Tonster

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I think that your guys are harder on this truck than the others. It has the rear outlet, nice bucket seats, all the options (a standard CD player - beat that!) and the AC kicks. I should know - I live in Louisiana. It is about 100 degrees every day here during the Summer. Tinted Glass, alloy rims and cruise control were only $800 to add on. Try about $3000 with the Ford Escape. Best value for the money. With tax included (at 9% too) I paid under $21,000. It blows the doors off an Xterra, Element, Sorrento and Isuzu for value. Rugged design with a knack for knowing we all drive on the road not the dirt. Xterra could learn something here!

Favorite Features

All the features, AC, standard CD player, nice rims

Suggested Improvements

Include cruise control on every damn car you make. Who doesn't drive on the highway - that is why you buy a car...to travel. Do away with the cheapo-larry rims, nobody wants them - even Kia and Hyundai have nice rims these days.

Loving It!
By LINDA

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

My experience with this vehicle started with being treated with respect by the dealership. I was treated well, and walked away with everything I wanted for the price I needed. Knowing you got a great deal helps you to enjoy your vehicle, which I absolutely love. The only feature I am not thrilled with is the gas mileage due to the fact that I commute quite a distance each day to work and gas prices are at an all time high.

Favorite Features

I love the sporty look of the exterior and the beautiful brushed chrome interior.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage!

best car made
By sarahashley425

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

very good car. drives well, offroads well, lights on top are amazingly fun. everyone loves the look of the car and the feel of the inside.

Favorite Features

the lights

Suggested Improvements

no improvements needed