2004 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Power Window Regulator
By I did love my JEEP on 04/20/08 17:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

From reading most of the reviews, everyone really likes this vehicle and so do I. There is one thing you need to know (and you can check it out on Google) The power window regulators have some parts made of plastic. This week was the third time my back windows broke (dropped down) First time it was under warranty. Second time dealer charged me $200 and I hope the third time will not be more than last time. Just thought you might want to check this out. I would trade it on a new one, but I understand they all have the same problem. Guess you could look at it this way. Seems only one breaks each year, Oh I forgot to tell you. The brake has nothing to do with use, they just drop down.Back to Shop

Great buy for the money
By Sarah on 08/09/06 10:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Jeep Liberty for just over two years and have never had a problem with it. This is my fourth Jeep, and with my Liberty, I have not run into some of the problems I had with prior ones. There was one window leak recall, but other than that, it has been smooth sailing. There are some great features with the Jeep, and I especially love the responsive handling and added features. It's fun to drive and very safe feeling. It's comfortable from the front seat or back and has good cargo room if you aren't trying to bring home large furniture or more than one stroller. All I've ever done is routine maintenance, no other break-downs or problems!

Great Jeep
By Jeff on 03/21/06 19:30 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

One of the main things that sold me on the Jeep Liberty over other similar vehicles was the fit & finish and build quality. No rattles, squeaks, or anything. Very solidly built. More so than many higher priced cars. It is also a great buy as it has many standard features, a powerful 3.7L engine which actually sounds like it has power, and a nice look.

The Li'l Jeep that could!
By John Chadwick on 01/23/05 22:56 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned large SUV's and trucks. I am surprised that so many people overlook and underestimate this vehicle. I've taken my Liberty off-road and have yet to see a Hummer or Ford F150/Explorer out there with the rest of us Jeeps. Where are these big bad dudes?

Jeep Liberty vs Jeep Cherokee
By Strayhan on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had previously owned a Jeep Cherokee and the sales person talked me into the Liberty. I do not like it compared to the Cherokee and the gas mileage in the the Liberty is poor. I wish I had purchased the Cherokee like I desired.

Great
By jbuford04 on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when my old Cherokee finally decided to die (at 300K). At first getting used to the controls was a little difficult. I adjusted very quickly to the placement of the controls and have actually found them to be more convenient. Never had any problems in almost any weather condition. Hardest conditions were about 9" of snow on the ground and I still didn't get stuck at any point. Very cold air very quickly in the summer. The heater takes a few minutes of warming up to get nice and hot. Overall I haven't found any problems with my car so far.