Used 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

BEST CAR EVER!!!
By mermaid5155

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love, love, love my Jeep! I have traveled across the country in it several times. I have gone skiing in the mountains, camped in some rugged terrain in the desert and I live at the beach. Speaking of which, parked outside by the ocean for 7 years and she is rust free!! She still looks new inside and out. Paint and interior have held up, as the mechanics. I am meticulous about regular maintenance, changing the tires, etc. and she hums! This car has simply been terrific. 117,500 miles and going strong!! :)

Seats are incredibly comfortable and provide good back support. Turning radius is awesome!

Better speaker system - I've blown out and replaced speakers a lot, it seems.

I hope this car lasts forever!
By GEF

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this thing. I want it to last forever. I have zero complaints after almost 6 years of ownership. Edmunds.com helped me make the decision to buy so I thought I'd finally come back and pay it forward. I will say, I've had to replace parts that I haven't seen die out so early in other cars. I've replaced the part that keeps your windows up. I've replaced both front speakers. I've replaced my belts and hoses. I've replaced my battery a few times. Still, at the end of the day, my Liberty Limited is holding up quite nicely and no matter what car I end up renting or trying out, I always find myself more comfortable in the Jeep.

The best feature on this one is the tire pressure monitor. I live in Arizona and a blown tire is something I'd like to avoid. 2nd best has to be the height and wheel radius. It's very easy to drive. 3rd is the trusty radio. Excellent speaker sound.

They've discontinued this body type, and the new one does not appeal to me at all. But I would say that Jeep should A) use heartier parts - less plastic please, and B) Give us more pearl color options.

Wife loves it!
By jbear

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My wife bought this Jeep for work. She love it's quickness, handling, surprisingly decent gas mileage for a v6 its and maneuverability (turn radius). I would not recommend it for extremely long trips due to the short wheel base, keep trips to 100 miles or less. It has had a few recalls which our local dealership has been very quick at responding to. There is a little rust bubbling under the paint at the pop up Glass at rear door just under the third brake lite at the welding seam. It's covered again by jeeps 5 year 100,000 mile warranty. Wife says she will always own a Jeep.

I Love My Jeep!
By Kamie

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

i bought my Jeep Liberty used with 12,000 miles on it. It has been the best car ever. The only problem I had with it (which really is very minor) is that the steering wheel was peeling a little, so I took it to the dealership and they replaced it, no questions asked. There was a campaign on it related to the ball-joints; I'm not sure what that was about, I never had any trouble. I've got a little over 60K miles on it now, and we're still going strong. There have been some squeaky noises from the front suspension, but no major problems. Love it!

Reliability - exterior design - headlights! Love the chrome on the inside, and the orange backlights on the speedometer. 6-disc cd changer and sunroof are great.

I would have the tailgate open down instead of to the side. When I get things out of the back, I have to walk all the way around the door every time.

2 Jeep Family
By Marco Mary

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Jeep we've purchased used. The Liberty is quite an upgrade from our 97 Wrangler - It's a Jeep. You know it when you see it. It drives like a Jeep, not a Cadillac! From the test drive, I knew I wanted it, as it drove just like our older Jeep except with leather seats. It's fun, dependable and built like a tank. Yes, you do sit up high which gives you a commanding vision of the road. My 6 foot tall husband has no problems getting in, out, or driving it for business. He loves it! 2 years left in another lease car and soon our family will be a "3 Jeep Family" - If you're looking for a luxury suv, go pay 3 times more, if you want good looks and dependability, pick a Jeep Liberty!

It looks good, it's fun to drive, my Limited tells me when the tires need more PSI, along with a built in garage door opener.

Gas mileage isn't great, but again - it's a JEEP, not a moped! Our 97 Wrangler has 125,000 and no signs of stopping - I'm sure my Liberty will take us there and beyond - how can you improve on that?