2004 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
BEST CAR EVER!!!
By mermaid5155 on 08/04/12 15:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love, love, love my Jeep! I have traveled across the country in it several times. I have gone skiing in the mountains, camped in some rugged terrain in the desert and I live at the beach. Speaking of which, parked outside by the ocean for 7 years and she is rust free!! She still looks new inside and out. Paint and interior have held up, as the mechanics. I am meticulous about regular maintenance, changing the tires, etc. and she hums! This car has simply been terrific. 117,500 miles and going strong!! :)

I hope this car lasts forever!
By GEF on 04/23/09 16:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this thing. I want it to last forever. I have zero complaints after almost 6 years of ownership. Edmunds.com helped me make the decision to buy so I thought I'd finally come back and pay it forward. I will say, I've had to replace parts that I haven't seen die out so early in other cars. I've replaced the part that keeps your windows up. I've replaced both front speakers. I've replaced my belts and hoses. I've replaced my battery a few times. Still, at the end of the day, my Liberty Limited is holding up quite nicely and no matter what car I end up renting or trying out, I always find myself more comfortable in the Jeep.

Wife loves it!
By jbear on 07/12/08 13:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My wife bought this Jeep for work. She love it's quickness, handling, surprisingly decent gas mileage for a v6 its and maneuverability (turn radius). I would not recommend it for extremely long trips due to the short wheel base, keep trips to 100 miles or less. It has had a few recalls which our local dealership has been very quick at responding to. There is a little rust bubbling under the paint at the pop up Glass at rear door just under the third brake lite at the welding seam. It's covered again by jeeps 5 year 100,000 mile warranty. Wife says she will always own a Jeep.

I Love My Jeep!
By Kamie on 02/29/08 14:17 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

i bought my Jeep Liberty used with 12,000 miles on it. It has been the best car ever. The only problem I had with it (which really is very minor) is that the steering wheel was peeling a little, so I took it to the dealership and they replaced it, no questions asked. There was a campaign on it related to the ball-joints; I'm not sure what that was about, I never had any trouble. I've got a little over 60K miles on it now, and we're still going strong. There have been some squeaky noises from the front suspension, but no major problems. Love it!

2 Jeep Family
By Marco Mary on 03/17/07 20:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Jeep we've purchased used. The Liberty is quite an upgrade from our 97 Wrangler - It's a Jeep. You know it when you see it. It drives like a Jeep, not a Cadillac! From the test drive, I knew I wanted it, as it drove just like our older Jeep except with leather seats. It's fun, dependable and built like a tank. Yes, you do sit up high which gives you a commanding vision of the road. My 6 foot tall husband has no problems getting in, out, or driving it for business. He loves it! 2 years left in another lease car and soon our family will be a "3 Jeep Family" - If you're looking for a luxury suv, go pay 3 times more, if you want good looks and dependability, pick a Jeep Liberty!

The "Just-Right-Mobile"
By Al Jr on 05/03/06 13:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

All I can say is that this vehicle was a splendid surprise. I went from 95 Cirrus to a 98 Astro (Great) to this cute little Liberty. I bought it used with 4000 miles. It immediately had some serious vibration and lurching (it was fine on test drive) and took it back the first day and they gave me a nice loaner and promised to resolve it in a timely manner. They showed me what they replaced and why (all brake associated). They were professional, made sure I had my registration plates (no paper tag!), full tank, and a letter of apology for the problem with a coupon for free oil changes. OUTSTANDING. Factory defect on the bumper, repaired with new bumper and paint.

UNCOMFORTABLE!
By traci on 01/03/06 10:17 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am not a large person; however, the Jeep Liberty makes me feel like I am in a Barbie toy car. The seat is so small -- a friend that is 6'3 and 181 lbs finds it very uncomfortable as well. I like the bells and whistles. The ability to drive through high water is fantastic in hurricane ravaged areas. But, my bum is always numb after only 20 minutes of driving!

Sluggish and Jerky
By jjbigs on 07/21/05 23:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love the look but hate the performance. At slow speeds it lurches when you step on the gas. Climbing and hill in goes to a higher gear instead of downshifting. At all other times, it is fun to drive and very comfortable. Looks good on the road. Even with the sound upgrade, the stereo is poor.

transmission shudder
By Col Tomb on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Beware of the dreaded Chrysler transmission shudder in cruise. -seems it's quite common. It's the wife's car and she doesn't object to it. If I'd known about it, I wouldn't have bought the car.

Fun Ride
By alsdkfj on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

It's a great ride that is sporty and fun. With lots of nice options.