Used 2004 Jeep Liberty Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Power Window Regulator
By I did love my JEEP

2004 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

From reading most of the reviews, everyone really likes this vehicle and so do I. There is one thing you need to know (and you can check it out on Google) The power window regulators have some parts made of plastic. This week was the third time my back windows broke (dropped down) First time it was under warranty. Second time dealer charged me $200 and I hope the third time will not be more than last time. Just thought you might want to check this out. I would trade it on a new one, but I understand they all have the same problem. Guess you could look at it this way. Seems only one breaks each year, Oh I forgot to tell you. The brake has nothing to do with use, they just drop down.Back to Shop

Suggested Improvements

Chrysler could use the metal part that is sold on the web.

Great buy for the money
By Sarah

2004 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Jeep Liberty for just over two years and have never had a problem with it. This is my fourth Jeep, and with my Liberty, I have not run into some of the problems I had with prior ones. There was one window leak recall, but other than that, it has been smooth sailing. There are some great features with the Jeep, and I especially love the responsive handling and added features. It's fun to drive and very safe feeling. It's comfortable from the front seat or back and has good cargo room if you aren't trying to bring home large furniture or more than one stroller. All I've ever done is routine maintenance, no other break-downs or problems!

Favorite Features

I love the position of the window controls on the console. I never bump them and accidentally roll down the window as I used to. The back gate remote opener is also a feature I love when grocery shopping. I love the tight turn radius and ultra-responsive steering and brakes. Very driver friendly.

Suggested Improvements

If I had to go back and do it over, I would have gotten leather seats because they're easier to clean and 4WD because I love to off-road. Other than that, I think it was a great buy. Like I said, never had a single mechanical problem.

Great Jeep
By Jeff

2004 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

One of the main things that sold me on the Jeep Liberty over other similar vehicles was the fit & finish and build quality. No rattles, squeaks, or anything. Very solidly built. More so than many higher priced cars. It is also a great buy as it has many standard features, a powerful 3.7L engine which actually sounds like it has power, and a nice look.

Favorite Features

Build quality, fit and finish, tough look and stance.

Suggested Improvements

More fuel efficient V6, beefier steering wheel (too thin for a Jeep).

The Li'l Jeep that could!
By John Chadwick

2004 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned large SUV's and trucks. I am surprised that so many people overlook and underestimate this vehicle. I've taken my Liberty off-road and have yet to see a Hummer or Ford F150/Explorer out there with the rest of us Jeeps. Where are these big bad dudes?

Favorite Features

The entire vehicle!

Suggested Improvements

Please Chrysler make the rear passenger seat bench fold up like it used to with Jeeps of yesteryear; a little extra stow-away room would be nice.

Jeep Liberty vs Jeep Cherokee
By Strayhan

2004 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had previously owned a Jeep Cherokee and the sales person talked me into the Liberty. I do not like it compared to the Cherokee and the gas mileage in the the Liberty is poor. I wish I had purchased the Cherokee like I desired.

Favorite Features

Cute little jeep, just not cost effective.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage