2003 Jeep Liberty Consumer Review: SUV that ACTUALLY performs off

2003 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

SUV that ACTUALLY performs off road
By Patric Payette on

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

One of the best SUV's I've ever driven. It handles on road well and off road even better. With no after market parts I've taken my Liberty far into the bushes and it handles mud pits with ease. When on pavement it drives nice, has good power and does everything an SUV should do on the road. Other SUV makers should take note. This is a true offroad vehicle unlike most SUV's in its class. If your a soccer mom I'm sure it would fill your needs as well. Nothing is more fun than driving downtown with my Jeep Liberty covered from top to bottom in mud after mudding and seeing all the looks you get from "city drivers". I have absolutely pounded on this Jeep and haven't had any breakdowns.

Favorite Features

Great 4x4 system. Good clearance offroad but isn't too hard to get in and out of under normal circumstances. Perfect sized engine for the work. Great heat and A/C. Nice visuals out all windows making driving very comfortable and easy.

Suggested Improvements

Tanks is kind of small for its gas mileage, limiting how far into untamed wilderness you can go into.