2003 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Crap
By outdoorlady on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I hate this car. Bad gas milage. It's very uncomfortable and it looks like a cheap car.

Love the truck, BUT ITS A GAS GUZZLER!!!
By Joe M 3rd on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Great truck but don't believe that windows sticker that claims gas mileage of 17 to 21. its more like 13 to 17 mpg. Local/city driving averages 13.5 gallon driven normally, agreesive driving brings the city number to 11.5mpg. Highway driving for me is 17mpg, however I was able to achieve 21mpg on a long trip doing 70mph but I had to focus on slow accelerations and steady speed. I average 15.2mpg city/highway driving. I WOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT THIS TRUCK HAD I KNOWN ABOUT THE POOR GAS MPG. I complained to Jeep several times.

Safety First
By AHeff on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was forced to sell my Durango and I decided to buy the Liberty. I never have regreted it once. I have two small girls and was hit in the front quarter panel by a full size Dodge Ram. The truck's entire front end was crushed and had to be towed off the scene. The jeep was easily pushed aside with little damage. I have never felt safer than in my Liberty. I have already put 50,000 miles on it in a year and a half. I love it and would recommend it to anyone. I am 5'11" tall and have plenty of room inside. The cargo room in the back is great also for a small SUV.

My first Jeep
By New Jeep Owner on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this SUV and will probably buy Jeeps from now on. It is fun to drive, very reliable and comfortble. We were not happy with the dealership at all but that has not influenced our vehicle satisfaction.

liberty mania
By libertyhillumc.org on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my two wheel drive liberty. It takes me to all the places I like to go as well as off roading. I am amazed how a two wheel drive vehicle can climb! Acceleration is good but noisy. Fuel economy is to be desired but the overall performance is nimble. Did I mention the comfort of the back seat and the ease of parking?

Great Car!
By PJChloe on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car for about 6months and I love it!! Its a great "looker" and rides good too. More room inside than I thought at first. When I laid the seats down, I was able to fit a recliner in there. It has great pick up when pulling out into traffic and can turn on a dime.

Lemon!
By wildspirit on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and in the first week the transmission was bad. I wanted the car replaced but was forced to replace the transmission. Thr "new" transmission is hard to put in 1st and sometimes reverse. The spark plugs have had to be replaced and the rear differential had a leak.

1st Jeep Ive owned & I like it!!!
By THEO on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Jeep. After being a Ford/GM man all my life I made the switch. I had the opportunity to work with Ford Motor as a contractor and I observed very poor quality control, egotistical business practices, and substandard quality. Henry Ford would be turning in his grave after what I saw! This Jeep I bought is TOUGH! I have driven through 2 floods, ice, snow, and it kicked butt! I saw police cars stranded in flood waters and I plowed right through it! I liked my Jeep so much I bought another as a company vehicle.

My first new vehicle
By John Miller on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving my 2003 liberty since June 2003. The dealer ripped me off unfortunately but the liberty is great. I owned a Wrangler before this for 2 years and yes i miss having the top & doors off. But the Liberty gives the comfort and handling that i wasn't used too. I am already considering buying a 2004 at a much better deal i was given for this one.

running renegade, if you feed it!
By kellyb on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This Renegade is a great all around vehicle. If you feed it, it will run. It pulls a 6 by 12 trailer with big motorcycle no problems, both power and handling do it well.